Job Posting Description
At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Case Management Department with predominantly Arabic speaking families and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
This International Center Care Management Associate will be responsible for:
- Collaborating and communicating with multidisciplinary team members around the development of a discharge plan.
- Assisting the case management staff in pre-admission planning and service set up for discharge planning.
- Processing referrals for discharge planning including, but not limited to, skilled and private duty nursing, infusion and enteral therapy services, respiratory services, and transportation when needed.
- Communicating with patients and/or family members as necessary to assist with information, providing literature, and direction to community resources.
- Acting as a liaison with the relevant clinical groups (both inpatient and ambulatory) and developing linkages between these areas.
- Coordinating post-discharge care, communicating with outpatient clinics, community resources, agencies, vendors and families around patients' transitional care.
- Working with insurances to obtain not only prior authorization approvals for medications but also for supplies, equipment and ambulance transportation.
- Ordering durable medical equipment and faxing corresponding orders and necessary documentation as identified by the case manager.
- Providing resource information, literature, and direction to community resources and maintaining community resources database.
- Completing weekly scheduling and monthly department reports for case managers.
- Providing data entry into hospital Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Coordinating special projects as needed.
To qualify, you must have:
- Associates degree required or High School Diploma equivalent. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years administrative health care experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations.
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Word, and Excel skills are essential and data collection, analysis, and leadership skills are a plus.
- Arabic language skills is highly preferred.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including an affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.