Key areas of concentration are as follows:
· Support existing MassPORT team in maintaining the cable and telephone infrastructure
· Operate, Troubleshoot and maintain aspects of the communications system
· Provide a weekly status report detailing the work performed during the previous week (similar to our PDS reports)
· Propose process improvements and implement changes through the Change Management Process
· After hours work is a definite possibility
· Some assignments may require additional background checks, including criminal background checks and submittal of information for review in support of security clearance(s).
· Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 5 years experience in the IT services, consultation and/or support fields. These individuals must possess a demonstrable mastery of all aspects, skills and requirements listed below:
· Knowledge of copper terminations including CAT3, CAT5, CAT6, coax, audio cabling to jacks, patch panels, RJ45's, RJ11's, copper to fiber converters, 110 blocks, 66 blocks, Krone blocks, speakers, covert alarms, overt alarms and defibrillator boxes.
· Knowledge of fiber terminations including single-mode and multi-mode. Experience with air blown fiber terminations and various components, including cabling, tubes, LIU's, TDU's and connectors.
· Knowledge and experience with the following test equipment: telephone buttset, digital multi-meters, fluke test equipment, OTDR's, sidekick meters, EXFO live fiber detectors, EXFO FOT 930 multifunction loss tester, visual fault locator.
· Ability to trace cabling to troubleshoot outages.
· Experience with installing and troubleshooting paging equipment including wiring, speakers and microphones.
· Ability to run cabling through conduits and ceilings.
· Knowledge and experience with Avaya switch equipment, experience with troubleshooting Avaya phones and dial tone, including IP phones, 9600, 8400, 7400, 6400, 6200, 2500 and 2400series phones.
· Knowledge and ability to install and troubleshoot all circuits including T1's, DS3's, DSL, BRIs, ISDN, 56k, Frame Relay, Ethernet, ISMA circuits, PLNT, Ring Down Circuits and 1mbs.
· Ability to install new voice and data cabling in existing walls and complete all terminations from faceplate to IDF.
· Experience with fusion splicing of fiber.
· Experience with radio communications for field services and communications with various units while in the field
· Diagnostics equipment, including cable tester, volt meters, and other related tools.
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Valid driver’s license is required.