The Ambulatory Practice Secretary performs all
secretarial/registration functions for the complete and efficient management of
patients throughout Brigham Circle Medical Associates (BCMA). She/he performs as part of the team to ensure
the necessary universal office functions are completed.
- Answersall telephone calls in an appropriate manner; correctly processes informationand follows up accordingly (scheduling appointments, canceling appointments,answering questions, providing information, solving problems, transferring calls) The secretary screens all calls thoroughlyand forwards to appropriate voice mailbox if necessary.
- Greetspatients courteously and helpfully and processes their information.
- Treatsall patients with dignity and professionalism thus enhancing their perceptionof (BCMA).
- Advisespatients of test preparation and managed care referrals if necessary.
- Obtainsdemographic and financial information from all patients seen and enters theinformation into the hospital computer system.
- Checks for and helps patients with referralprocess. This gatekeeping functioninvolves making unpopular decisions and requires great tact.
- Createsor updates hospital identification plate.
- For new patients, obtains signature for consent formedial treatment and insurance forms and issues a medical record chart.
- Registers patients by phone and from paper forms.
- Performsall other duties as assigned.
- Responsibilityto Practice Physician:
- Assistsphysician with all secretarial aspects of patient care (scheduling appointments,confirming appointments, relaying messages, overseeing daily patient schedules.
- Greetspatients courteously and efficiently.
Applicants must have a high school diploma (or equivalent)
plus medical secretarial training or additional education preferably at least 2
years of college. Prior work experience
in a similar work environment. Excellent
organizational skills, good communication skills (written and oral), good
interpersonal skills, and the ability to work under pressure are important
considerations. Some keyboard experience
is also required.