Multiple positions and locations available including Main Campus Boston, Chestnut Hill, Foxboro, Westwood, Weymouth and Pembroke
Brigham and Women’s Hospital is
committed to putting every Patient First. Every employee plays a role in
providing a positive impact on patients and the care they receive at Brigham
and Women’s Hospital. Our service will be distinguished by the delivery of
high-quality and safe patient care, respect and dignity in all interactions
with patients, families and colleagues and by customer service excellence.
The Safe Care Associate will be
responsible for the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Actively greets patients, family/visitors, and staff in a polite,professional, friendly, and welcoming manner
- Screen staff, patients and visitors as indicated by hospital procedureand provide information and direction as appropriate. This may includeasking a series of screening questions, taking a temperature, providingtechnological support, utilizing application screening tools, etc.
- Input applicable patient into our EPIC software program
- Adhere and promote adherence to our Mask, Hygiene, Heart and Six FeetApart campaign.
- Communicate and enforce entrance policies which may include universalmasking and visitor restrictions.
- Assists with patient and family/visitor inquiries and requests byactively listening and clearly responding. This includes, but is notlimited to, providing information regarding hospital services and officelocations, as well as clear and understandable directions.
- Ensures hospital lobbies and public areas are clean, safe, anduncluttered in accordance with all infection control standards
- Monitorshallways, elevators, stairwells and congregating areas to ensure thatindividuals are maintaining a safe 6 ft. distance from one another.
- Responds to requests from patients requiring escort, wayfinding orassistance
- Works in collaboration with volunteers to ensure patients,family/visitors, and staff receive accurate, timely, and service-orientedassistance.
- May need to provide employeeswith required Personal Protective Equipment (masks, scrubs, face shields,etc.)
- Initiates emergency codes and participates in actual or mock emergencyprocedures
- Performs other duties as assigned within the scope of the Safe CareAssociate role.
hospital policies and procedures, including but not limited to:
- Attendance and punctuality, including the use of time keeping softwarebefore beginning work and at the end of day.
- Uniform requirements
- Holiday rotations
- Ability to travel to other hospital / practice locations
Schedule: Full time and part time with varying start times;
includes weekend and holiday rotation, may include traveling to other
- High school diploma/GED required
- aminimum of 3-6 months experience in an office or health care setting preferred
- Requires interpersonalrelationship skills to effectively communicate with patients, theirfamilies, physicians and other support personnel.
- Computer Skills, MicrosoftOffice package, EPIC knowledge or ability to become proficient in EPIC
- Requires good judgment, tact,sensitivity and the ability to function in a stressful environment.
- Requires the ability tomaintain confidentiality regarding patients, their medical histories,demographic information, etc.
- Requires the ability to strictly adhere to CustomerService Standards
Fast paced, often standing, ability
to travel between locations and some moderate lifting. Must wear a face
mask at all times.