Job Posting Description
At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced through major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Department of Patient Care Operations and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
This Business Operations Administrator will be responsible for:
- Performing a broad scope of business operations functions encompassing both financial and human resource activities.
- Providing support on matters of billing, administrative procedures, budgets, and personnel either through direct action, advice or as liaison with other managers as appropriate.
- Managing capacity-related software applications.
- Functioning as a liaison between departments, testing front-end data and supporting front-end workflow management.
- Supporting leadership committees related to capacity management (operations, data, and projects).
- Testing and validation projects related to data maintained by Patient Care Services.
To qualify you must have:
- A Bachelor's degree in business administration, health care administration or closely related field and a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience. Master's Degree Preferred.
- Strong analytical skills necessary to resolve problems requiring a professional level of knowledge in a specific discipline/field and/or improve enhance or upgrade complex clinical, financial, marketing or human resources systems and programs.
- The ability to effectively manage the employees within assigned unit/department and to persuade and negotiate with peer level managers on issues and programs that impact assigned unit/department. Work requires effectively dealing with conflicting views or issues and mediating fair and workable solutions.
- Experience Interfacing with staff and systems across multiple business lines with multiple software programs which involve frontline areas, and the central Technology centers of an organization.
- Demonstrated advanced excel strengths is a plus.
- The ability to work independently, using skills of judgment and inquiry to consistently support and advance overall programmatic and hospital goals and initiatives.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including an affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.