Our client in Boston, MA is looking for a Business Analyst for a 6 month+ contract.
The Business System Analyst is responsible for the analysis, configuration, management, and reporting for the application portfolio. The Business System Analyst is accountable for working with the business units, application development teams, and infrastructure teams to analyze existing systems and document the relationship between of infrastructure layers to application layers. This position is focused on the application portfolio supported by the Applications Operations teams.
This role will be a key member of Application Operation Run Books project. The purpose of this project is to develop and produce runbooks for 105 applications within the technology division. Runbooks are guidance documents that assist Tier 1 (IT Service Desk), and Tier 2 Support (Application Operations and/or Vendor and/or Application Owners) in identifying and resolving incidents.
- Work with various stakeholders, and application owners to solicit, review, analyze, define, and document overall business/technical requirements.
- Analyze user system needs and issues, and identify potential process improvements.
- Prepare specifications for custom reports and queries from vendors, end users, and IT leadership.
- Support Applications Operations initiatives in the development of work plans, estimates, and timelines.
- Gather and document workflow, high-level and detailed gap analysis and sometimes business and technical requirements by guiding stakeholders through their workflow processes.
- Ensure effective communications between the business, internal IT staff, and vendors.
- Ensure business inclusion throughout the management of the project schedule, project decision making, training, etc, ensuring all business needs are met.
- Establish a communication strategy in partnership with the business and IT sponsors to effectively communicate project related information to team members, IT management, and customers throughout the project life cycle.
- Facilitate the definition for future project scope, milestones, tasks, deliverables and resource requirements.
- Lead initiatives to enhance application capabilities.
- Escalate issues that require executive attention.
- Maintain and manage current state and future state documentation, help build run books to operationalize current implementation.
- Develop use case scenarios for user acceptance testing process.
- Perform data analysis of vendor performance as requested by IT leadership.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of work experience in technical writer role, preferred within IT organization.
- Experience working with IT Operations (Application Operations, Desktop, Server and Network Teams) to obtain an understanding of application portfolio and the documentation requirements.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Demonstrated track record of successful projects that are delivered on time, within budget, and with high quality.
- Demonstrated experience managing vendor contracts and implementations.
- Prior experience on projects with federal, state or local government desired but not required
- MS Office Suite, with advanced Microsoft Word skills, including styles, multilevel lists, tables, indents, spacing, pagination, pictures, table of contents, etc.
- Experience mapping processes using Visio or similar tools.
- Proficiency in image-capture software, such as SnagIt.
- Experience with SharePoint and Office 365
- Proficiency with collaboration tools such as Go-To meeting, Microsoft Teams and Skype for business.
- Experience in project management and SDLC within an IT organization.
- Ability to define, manage and exceed customer expectations.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and capacity for professional growth
- Ability to effectively communicate and build consensus across various project stakeholders including, IT management, business customers, team members, IT Operations staff, and other IT colleagues and team members.
- Perform with a strong sense of urgency.
- Attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- High level of professionalism and focus on quality.