Blockchain Systems Admin/ Ops
All roles with Chainlink Labs are globally remote based. We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
You will be joining the team that is building Chainlink as a Systems Admin. This role is very hands-on and is ideal for someone who has been a node or staking operator. You will be proactively monitoring alerts and perform manual monitoring and first-responder triage of issues. You will have exposure across the organization and a lot of opportunities to learn and grow.
- Debug issues based on contextual knowledge of node operations and our feeds
- Perform required system maintenance operations, including making sure nodes are always updated, functional and have sufficient balances
- Act as escalation point for alerting from our incidence response team
- Actively track and analyze blockchain network activity such as gas fees, upcoming forks, and upgrades
- Maintaining data provider quality - understanding the value secured on behalf of users, and exercising your judgment to evaluate data quality, connecting node operators with the right API providers for the job
- Node operator quality - using your commercial and technical skills to monitor network health and ensure the highest service quality provision by node operators to users
- 1+ years of sysadmin / DevOps experience or equivalent
- Experience running a blockchain node, knowing your way around the Ethereum ecosystem and using common blockchain explorer and smart contract tools
- Experience interfacing with nodes and blockchain-related services via RPC and the command line
- Hands on experience with JSON
- Have a strong respect for security requirements and implications in a blockchain environment
- Experience with scripting languages is a plus
- Experience supporting complex web applications/services and backend APIs on an AWS stack
- Familiarity with alerting, monitoring, visualization frameworks such as Prometheus, ELK stacks
- An analytical thinker able to take a bigger picture view of the ecosystem
- Experience with Bash, Node.js and/or any scripting languages is a plus
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.