Requisition Number: AWSCL01296
Advarra provides integrated solutions that safeguard trial participants, empower clinical sites, ensure compliance, and optimize research performance. Connecting the clinical research ecosystem, Advarra delivers solutions through a site-centric approach that unifies and accelerates the drug development lifecycle, making clinical trials safer, smarter, and faster.
General Summary:Advarra is searching for AWS Cloud Architects with various levels of experience to work on Advarra Cloud – a brand-new cloud native SaaS Platform. This is a very strategic and high-profile opportunity, and we are looking for new team members to help accelerate the growth of the platform.
*We are looking for resources in GMT/UTC/Western Europe and the US - Eastern/Central time zones.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build, deploy and operate sophisticated cloud platforms in AWS
- Design, develop, test, deploy and operate platform to meet customer needs.
- Create scalable AWS infrastructure, design deployment pipelines and build monitoring and resilience into the platform
- Tech Stack: under consideration but will be developing infrastructure as code using technologies such as: Terraform, Ansible, Packer and Python to build the platform using Amazon EC2, S3, RDS and other AWS services
- Develop further expertise in the above duties & responsibilities
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant work experience in DevOps, Software Development or System Administration
- Healthcare software, clinical trial management systems, and/or related experience is a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Professional experience with the following technology:
- Linux administration
- Technology experience includes Terraform, Ansible, and Python
- Infrastructure as Code experience specific to AWS is required
- Scripting and automation skills for working in an AWS environment
- Experience with configuration management tools, managing container-based platforms
- Experience with DevOps and release management tool
- Experience building highly secure cloud solutions in regulated industries is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with cross functional teams
- Fast learner, highly organized and experienced in demonstrating focus to complete the highest priorities
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time at stationary workstation.
- Regularly carry, raise, and lower objects of up to 25 Lbs.
- Learn and comprehend basic instructions.
- Focus and attention to tasks and responsibilities.
- Verbal communication; listening and understanding, responding, and speaking.
EEO Statement:Advarra provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status, citizenship, genetic information or any other status or characteristic covered by federal, state, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. EEO/M/F/Disabled/Vets