Requisition Number: WE-17096
Area of Interest: Retail
Brand/Division: West Elm
Position Type: Full-time
discover your purpose...
Support management team in achieving goals by providing world-class service. Serve as a role model for building relationships with customers. Assist exempt managers with store management. Maintain presence through store supervision to ensure appropriate staff coverage in all areas of the store.
who we are...
- Our mission is to offer choice in products & services, build community through connections with clients & collaborators & focus on honest business practices in everything we do, from supply chain transparency to sustainability.
who you are...
- Passionate about aligning yourself with business needs
- Loves to coach, mentor & help grow your team in order to meet & exceed sales goals
- Results-oriented leader, who has an excellent ability to motivate & influence others through actions & examples
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment & are consistently looking for ways to think outside-the-box
- Proven success achieving results both independently & through others by fostering a spirit of teamwork
- Risk-taker who is not afraid to go above & beyond to exceed a customers' expectations in order to close a sale
- Agile leader who loves to prioritize, plan & adjust their schedule to ensure business goals are achieved
- Loves to contribute in management & store meetings, offering suggestions for associate development, sales opportunities & organizational improvements
at west elm, you will...
- Lead the store team to create an exceptional experience for customers & exceed sales goals
- Attract, motivate, coach & develop talent to maximize their potential
- Provide exceptional customer service in the store to achieve world-class service standards
- Ensure the sales floor is adequately staffed from a sales & tactical perspective Serve as a role model for sales associates in sales generation & service by prioritizing the customer experience
- Reinforce customer service principles by coaching staff on their successes & challenges
- Utilize Selling Essentials & training resources to educate team on product, improve selling skills & achieving business goals
- Develop, implement & manage clientele programs for associates to drive sales
- Develop contests & other programs to motivate associates to increase sales & raise team spirit
- Assume additional management responsibilities in the absence of Associate or General Manager
- Perform projects & assignments as directed by the Associate or General Manager
- Create & ensure a positive environment where all associates are treated fairly & with dignity in accordance with our People-First Philosophy
- Ensure timely resolution of client service issues including delivery/pick-up & outstanding issues through effective use & management of client information reporting system
- Be held accountable for the following brand competencies: operates with strategic agility, drives innovation & change, provides influential leadership, communicates effectively, develops self & others, creates teams & partnerships, focuses on the customer, models personal accountability, builds operations excellence & drives execution
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
what we're looking for...
- 2-3 years of previous retail sales experience or management experience in a customer service related field
- Excellent communication, organization & leadership skills
- Superior critical thinking skills to creatively identify challenges & develop action plans in a timely manner
- Great time management skills & ability to execute multiple tasks & appropriately manage competing priorities
- Must be able to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
- Availability to work closing shift a minimum of three times per week, inclusive of three Saturdays & two Sundays per month, in addition to annual inventory & entire holiday season (November through January)
- Must be able to lift & mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment & safety techniques
bring your resume to life...
- Does this sound like you? If so, please submit your resume, cover letter & any additional materials that will give us a peek into your personal style at home & retail management experience (ie: Pinterest boards, Instagram, design portfolio, personal website, lifestyle blog, etc).
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Service Manager, Store Manager, Retail Manager, Retail Operations, Customer Service, Sales, Retail