The incumbent in this role will support the clinical practice by focusing on billing and managed care functions (including charge entries, billing edits, charge reconciliations, responding to billing inquires, corresponding with insurance carriers, investigating billing discrepancies, etc.). May also support the clinic with front-end customer service, patient registration, insurance/coverage verification, and a variety of administrative duties, as needed.
- Bachelors degree or Associates plus 1 year billing experience or HS/GED plus 3+ years billing experience required.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills are required to interact with internal and external contacts in a courteous and patient focused manner.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, including the ability to use appropriate judgment, independent thinking and creativity when resolving customer issues.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of all personal/health sensitive information.
- Ability to effectively handle challenging situations and to balance multiple priorities.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and web/Internet is required. Experience with standard hospital registration & billing systems or ability to learn such systems is also required.