General Summary/ Overview Statement:
This position supports the mission of the Brigham Education Institute, which is newly established to serve as a central, cross-departmental resource for medical education and educators; promote and facilitate collaboration among educators in teaching, program development, optimal use of medical simulation, medical education research, and sharing of material resources and space to conduct specialized teaching activities and faculty development. The Administrative Coordinator will provide administrative support to the BEI staff, the Knowledge Center, and help facilitate day-to day operations for the institute. Hours will be Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri 9am-5:30pm and Tuesdays 10:15am to 6:45pm.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Provides administrative support to the Executive Director, Administrative Director, and the rest of the BEI team including program and project managers, and library staff. Support includes, but is not limited to: schedule meetings, reserve conference rooms, arrange travel, create agenda greet guests, order food, process employee reimbursements.
Knowledge Center Support
- Monitor and maintain office supply inventory.
- Order standard office supplies according to established guidelines.
- Requests equipment repair service, as needed.
- Receive and reconcile supply orders and invoices, identify and resolve delays, billing errors and discrepancies. Communicate with hospital support service departments to request needed services.
- Monitor and maintain BEI Knowledge Center furnishings and equipment including: learning technologies, laptops, touchdown PCs, display screens, web conferencing system.
- Communicate with hospital and vendor support service department to request services as needed. Including, but not limited to, Environmental Services, Engineering, IS, Office Services, and external vendors.
- Assist BEI staff and users in ensuring touchdown and public spaces are tidy and clear from waste.
- Maintain BEI Knowledge Center Conference Room and Learning Space Calendars, assist groups with reserving the space, as requested.
- Assist speakers with setup, instruct them on how to operate educational technology
- Greet Knowledge Center users, including trainees, speakers, guests, and vendors, provide assistance as needed.
- Perform data entry accounting functions for the BEI, Knowledge Center, and Library Resources, including, preparing, submitting, and tracking Check Requests, Purchase Requisitions, Employee (and non-employee) reimbursement, teaching payments.
Event & Meeting Coordination
- Work with Program Project Manager and BEI staff to plan, organize and execute Special Events including meetings, conferences, seminars, retreats, pop-ups and other BEI sponsored programs and events.
- Reserve room, order food, coordinate room setup including AV, obtain speaker consent form, if necessary, create agendas, and help create PowerPoint Presentations.
- Monitor and report event and meeting registration.
- Staff events and meetings, as needed, ensuring vendors and speakers arrive on time, assist with food, AV, and room setup, and troubleshoot as needed (some of these events might take place outside of standard working hours). Obtain parking vouchers for speakers, as needed.
- Record meeting minutes, collect and collate PowerPoint Presentations.
- Assist with check in, distribution of event handouts, and evaluation collection
- May need to work with BEI staff to provide CME credits and maintain the department's ability give CMEs, including application, organization of documents and check-ins.
- Add events to BEI and BWH online event calendars
Website, Social Media, & Mailbox Management
- Responsible for BEI's Twitter account, posting daily medical education related information.
- Participate in ongoing efforts to develop and refine the internal and external education communications of the BEI, including website content, developing PowerPoint presentations, event advertisement and other communications.
- Responsible for monitoring the BWH BEI outlook email box and responding or triaging incoming emails as appropriate.
Data Entry & Administrative Tasks
- Maintain BEI leadership roster and contract distribution lists.
- Enter event registrations and evaluations into BEI Program Database.
- Other administrative tasks may include hand-delivering mail/packages when necessary, printing large posters for event advertisement and distributing flyers across campus.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is preferred, and three years of experience in a high-level administrative support role in an Academic Medical Center, or similar environment is also preferred.
- Proficiency with personal computers and outstanding working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, required. Knowledge of PeopleSoft and Teamsite helpful.
Skills/ Abilities/ Competencies Required:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of professionals and trainees. Must be able to transcribe meeting minutes.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and demonstrated ability in managing multiple projects simultaneously while working effectively under the pressure of last minute deadlines and changing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and telephone skills.
- Manage department administrative and operations functions including ordering office supplies, working with Accounts Payable, employee personnel issues, generating Purchases Orders, purchasing gifts for guest speakers, etc.
- Takes initiative and functions effectively, both independently and as a member of a team, with a willingness to assist staff with routine and last minute projects. Needs to be very flexible as the academic environment requires the ability to adapt to new situations/requests.
- Exceptional judgment and discretion in handling sensitive political and confidential issues.
- Requires a high degree of social facility in obtaining cooperation and support from a broad range of people.
Hospital Wide Responsibilities:
Works within legal, regulatory, accreditation and ethical practice standards relevant to the position and as established by BWH/Partners; follows safe practices required for the position; complies with appropriate BWH and Partners policies and procedures; fulfills any training required by BWH and/or Partners, as appropriate; brings potential matters of non-compliance to the attention of the supervisor or other appropriate hospital staff.