Global Atlantic is one of the fastest growing companies in the Life and Annuity industry. We are focused on the U.S. retirement and life insurance markets with a broad range of annuities and life insurance options, as well as reinsurance solutions. Our success is driven by competitive, innovative product designs, leading investment management and integrated risk management, along with highly experienced leadership.
Global Atlantic is looking for a diverse team of talented individuals who reinforce our culture of collaboration and innovation. We are dedicated to the career development of our people because we know they are critical to our long-term success. Join our team and come grow with us
The Analyst, GAAP&SEC Reporting is a newly created position which will assist with quarterly and annual financial reporting and related disclosures, coordinating with other areas across the organization. The Analyst is responsible for supporting the broader financial reporting team and ensure that our financial statements are compliant with applicable regulations and reporting standards and prepared within the timeframe required by our stakeholders. The individual will report to the VP, GAAP&SEC Reporting Manager and will be based in Boston, MA.
- Timely planning, preparation and compilation of quarterly and annual financial reports, footnotes and other related disclosures, supporting documentation, and presentations;
- Coordinate the internal and external review of all quarterly and annual financial reports;
- Collection, validation, and documentation of financial statement support and related deliverables;
- Reconcile ledger to source information, generate flux analysis and analyze results to identify key drivers;
- Collaborate with other teams including: controllers, reinsurance, investment accounting, treasury, tax, risk management, legal, statutory reporting, actuarial, accounting policy, investor relations, and internal and external audit; and Assist with ad-hoc requests and special projects, as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & NECESSARY SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree required in accounting or related field;
- Active Certified Public Accountant preferred;
- Big 4 experience preferred (associate or higher);
- 3+ years of related work experience with recent experience in life insurance with significant reinsurance exposure preferred;
- Experience working with disclosure management solutions such as Workiva required;
- Familiarity with Oracle Hyperion Financial Management or similar;
- Demonstrated expertise in GAAP accounting standards and practices;
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- A continuous improvement mindset.
At Global Atlantic, enjoy a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, with a focus on pay equity and flexibility. We are proud to support work/life balance with flexible work arrangements that meet individual and business needs. A casual dress code, above-average paid time off, parental and military leave, adoption assistance and tuition reimbursement are just a few of the extra perks that make Global Atlantic a great place to work. We strive to foster a culture of total well-being through community outreach and charitable giving programs.
In Boston we actively partner with the Cradles to Crayons, Stand Up2 Cancer, Let’s Get Ready, the Salvation Army and many other volunteer organizations in Boston area. many others. Social platforms provide an environment to collaborate with others and participate in friendly competitions towards achieving physical, emotional and financial well-being. Our highly competitive health, retirement, life and disability plans can be tailored to best suit your needs and those of your whole family.
Global Atlantic is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels like they can meaningfully contribute to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws. We encourage qualified applicants from all demographics to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Global Atlantic Financial Company Employee Candidate Privacy Notice