Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be hands on with all full cycle Accounts Payable functions. The primary responsibilities for this role will focus on invoice and expense report processing for our continuously expanding organization. The ideal candidate must have the ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient. The AP Specialist will also be able to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
What you’ll do:
- Review vendor invoices and check requests for accuracy, proper approval, and appropriate documentation prior to entry into accounting system
- Process invoices for inventory and non-inventory expenses
- Reconcile AP with vendor statement to ensure the proper AP records
- Maintain valid and accurate vendor database and AP records
- Responsible for accurate and timely execution of monthly AP close
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Communicate in a professional manner with external vendors or Starry’s employees regarding invoice status and payment matters; perform necessary research and resolution of disputed items
- Assist with filing and organization of AP records and process audit requests
- At least 1 year of Accounts Payable experience
- Intermediate or advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Netsuite or Oracle preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts, and corporate procedures
- Must be extremely accurate and detailed oriented
- Ability to work independently and on a team with emphasis on accuracy and timelines
- Strong analytical skills, with proven ability to analyze processes and suggest/implement continuous improvements
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.