We are not just a box company. Premier Packaging is a fast growing, forward thinking provider for all packaging needs. From corrugated, warehouse solutions, design & engineering to packaging supplies. We are currently looking for an experienced CDL Driver. This position reports to the Facility Manager. The tasks listed below describe the major responsibilities of the position but should not be considered conclusive.
- Lift up to 25 lbs. alone and 50 lbs. assisted.
- Operates a pallet jack as necessary.
- Assist Customers with handling product.
- Passes all DOT driver requirements such as a valid license, successful physical, and drug screen. It is the driver’s responsibility to keep these requirements current.
- Obeys all traffic laws, locally and nationally, and complies with scale requirements.
- Reports any temporary physical or mental impairment that would impede safe operation of equipment.
- Demonstrates patience, courtesy, cooperation, and professionalism while at the customer’s delivery site. Does not engage in customer altercations. Notifies Fleet Dispatcher and Shipping Manager of issues.
- Maintains personal hygiene and appearance
- Demonstrates a high level of competency operating tractors with trailers up to 53’, as well as box trucks and vans.
- Identifies and reports mechanical or safety concerns with equipment during pre and post operation
- Follows the designated routes as determined by the Fleet Dispatcher.
- Observes customer unloading and verifies the bill of lading for accuracy. Ensures proof of delivery is returned to Facility Manager for bill posting.
- Possesses good verbal and written communication skills.
- Does not sleep during work hours, in company owned vehicles, or on company owned or leased property.
- Cooperates with all law enforcement or traffic officials.
- Maintains interior of company leased vehicles.
- Reports all accidents to both the Fleet Dispatcher
- Exercises extra caution and situational awareness in adverse weather conditions, requests recovery operation when necessary.
- Performs inter-warehouse transfer work as well as trailer yard movement activity as directed.
- Follows all company work instructions, safety guidelines, policies, procedures, and SOPs.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Some college preferred
- This position requires possession of a valid Class A license, three years previous CDL Driver experience, and a clean MVR.
- Must be able to successfully pass a road test prior to employment.
- Must be able to operate a 10-speed and automatic transmission.
- Overtime hours are a requirement, as well as some weekend work.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- Premier Packaging will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)