WHO WE ARE...
Founded in November 2014, Back Market is the very first marketplace specialized in refurbished electric and electronic devices. We connect certified professionals who work hard to ensure all electric and electronic devices get a second life with consumers looking for equipment that makes a difference.
E-waste reduction, planned obsolescence battle and circular economy are 3 good reasons to wake up in the morning; we're offering a fantastic career opportunity for a Quality Account Manager to join our European team (based in Bordeaux). So, if you’ve got a way with Account Management in challenging environment, an interest in environmentally-friendly initiatives and a genuine desire to build a first-class global marketplace, we'd love to hear from you.
We have a challenging schedule and high business expectations, so you'll need to be able to get up to speed without compromising on attention to detail. For the right person, this is a chance to gain valuable experience in building a star and to join a fast-growing and life-changing company that's shaking up the consumer electronics business.
We’re looking for an experienced Team Leader who will help to develop and scale Back Market in France (Germany, Spain, Italy, Belgium as of today – many more countries to come).
As a key member of the global Quality Account Management team, your role will be to manage a team of 6 to 8 account managers to make our current and future merchants improve their quality to reach our highest standards and expectations. Based in our Bordeaux offices, you'll work closely with our Business Development, Marketing and Tech teams, a group of passionate professionals who are dedicated to making sure our products and the Back Market brand stands out.
YOUR MISSION (if you accept it):
- You will assist their team daily through a fast-paced international environment
- You will actively contribute in the personal development of every member of his team and will help them build strong relationships with our refurbishers
- You will be responsible to act as a point of escalation for the team, handling any internal questions, merchant grievances or problems that may arise
- You will also possess a strong analytical and problem-solving background with the ability to work independently outside a structured environment
- You will also be in charge of daily workload management, ensuring assignments are properly distributed early across the team while prioritizing new work as it comes in
- To be successful in this role, you must have a solid managing background, enhanced communication skills and be comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment
- Finally, the ideal candidate will have the desire to improve procedures within the team, and recommend enhancements to processes in which they interact
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 3 years’ previous experience leading a team preferably in an e-commerce environment for an account managing team
- Strong management skills, with the ability to make your team grow and focus on their individual expertise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex issues to all teams
- Demonstrated ability to represent a team in cross functional discussions to build a strong feedback loop and share best practices across multiple departments and levels of leadership
- Operationally savvy, with an ability to identify and eliminate process friction thus managing time and priorities for themselves and their team
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, Microsoft Office suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internal system tools
- Technical background, you know our products and can easily find ways to improve our merchant’s quality
- English is a no-brainer; you’ll manage an international team and will be conducting team meetings and 1 to 1’s in English mainly
- Entrepreneurial mind is key, you are open-minded and always eager to exceed expectations
- Good sense of priorities and organization – you excel at managing projects and time
- “Getting things done” is your lifestyle
- Phone interview with JB, our Recruiter (in English)
- 2 hours test (remotely)
- 1 hour interview with your future manager
- 30-minute interview with Raoul our COO
- 30-minute interview with a founder