Summary: The ideal candidate will provide the team development, technical expertise, and operational leadership required to run the site’s day to day manufacturing operations. This position will develop, manage and focus on operational metrics associated with the facilities overall safety, quality, cost, and delivery/service.
Principle Duties, Responsibilities, and Authority
- Effectively manages all production functions to ensure prompt and economical receipt of needed materials and supplies, and timely delivery of finished products to customers that meet or exceed quality specifications and requirements.
- Oversees daily operating results (labor efficiency, scrap, etc.), analyzes variance, and initiates corrective and/ or improvements actions for departments.
- Evaluates overall plant safety programs to ensure that effective safety and loss prevention programs are conducted and maintained.
- Works with peer managers to maintain manufacturing budget, evaluates monthly financial results, investigates significant variances, and initiates corrective and/or improvement actions.
- Constantly strives for cost reduction by developing programs to reduce waste, to improve quality, and to improve operating efficiencies / improves yield.
- Partner with peer managers to drive / participate in lean manufacturing principals (6S, time studies, root cause, etc.) to improve product standard cost, and quality.
- Monitors and appraises the effectiveness of plant operations, including responsiveness to sales requirements and effectiveness of equipment utilization.
- Monitors plant housekeeping program to insure a clean plant environment is maintained. Includes monitoring of raw materials, work-in-process and finished goods inventory levels.
- Coaches, empowers, and counsels direct reports to develop maximum effectiveness.
- Reviews and assists in personnel issues with Human Resources and initiates/approves appropriate actions as necessary.
- Evaluates overall plant culture and employee engagement. Reviews and approves initiates to maintain or improve positive employee relations in collaboration with Human Resource department.
- Constantly strives for cost reduction by utilizing Lean manufacturing methods, Six Sigma and Kaizen processes to reduce waste, to improve quality, and to improve operating efficiencies.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or Operations Management.
- 7+ years of hands-on manufacturing experience. Previous management experience within the consumer products industry a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership and change management skills.
- Strategic thinker with proven problem solving skills and analytical ability.
- Proficiency using MS office applications.
- Good oral and written communication skills to allow for effective interaction with management, peers, and external or internal customers or service providers.
- Demonstrated success in the application of Lean/Six Sigma principles. Certification preferred.
Working Conditions: Time is spent on the factory floor in a factory environment. Building is temperature controlled but would be exposed to heat, cold, humidity, machine noises, and is in the proximity of moving machine parts.
- Safety glasses required at times.
- Hearing protection required at all times in designated noise areas.
- Majority of time spend under normal factory floor conditions.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, authority, skills or efforts associated with this job.