Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Booneville, MS
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Plumrose USA is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Plumrose was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
- Provide facility supervision with advice and counsel on personnel issues
- Administer unemployment claims, attend unemployment hearings
- Ensure regulatory compliance with ADA, FMLA, EEOC, etc. Stay current on recent federal, state and case law changes and monitor labor law updates for changes that affect HR
- Propose, publish and administer personnel policies
- Administer all employee relations issues. Process and implement formal disciplinary action of employees, initiate termination procedures and terminate employees as needed
- Prepare and maintain records and procedures for controlling personnel transactions and reporting personnel data. Maintain HRIS integrity
- Respond to any questions and/or requests by governmental agencies, including employee complaints. Represent the company at hearings
- Establish, evaluate and maintain departmental reports and key indicators. Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
- Direct local benefits administration, enrollment and open enrollment meetings
- Supervise staff of HR employees
- Responsible for internal company communication, including bulletin boards, company newsletter, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in meat processing or other manufacturing setting
- 5+ years of experience in HR
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Communication/public relations skills required
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- Office setting and Food Manufacturing Operations environment
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers or on indeed.com.
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Plumrose USA is an equal opportunity employer.