Summary: Responsible for loading and/or unloading trucks, specific material handling duties using a double-deep reach truck, and other job related duties of a 2nd shift Associate, DC 1
Principle Duties, Responsibilities, and Authority
- Operate a hand pallet jack, forklift, reach truck, pallet truck (walkie-rider), and stacker.
- Load and unload trailers with appropriate equipment.
- Move product through aisles, up and down on shelves while using camera for pullers and transactional moves.
- Keep track of all daily transactions and turn in to management.
- Operate personal computer equipment and RF (radio frequency) hand held wands.
- Read load sheets and follow specifications provided.
- Pull all Big Boards to load truck.
- Pull small drops and wrapped pallets as directed.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations as well as Company rules and policies.
- Work overtime as required.
- Maintain satisfactory performance levels.
- Assist in special projects as required.
- Participate in process improvement teams.
- Work overtime as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to perform all physical demands of the position including bending, stooping, reaching, walking, and lifting up to 50 lbs., frequently.
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, written correspondence, memos, and have the ability to write simple correspondence.
- Must be able to perform basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must attain certification to operate the mechanical power lift devices such as forklift and/or pallet truck.
- Must attain ability to operate personal computer equipment and RF (radio frequency) hand-held wand.
- Prefer experience in reading load sheets and meeting those customer requirements.
- Prefer experience in operating narrow isle reach trucks preferred.
Working Conditions: Time is spent on the factory floor in a factory environment. Personal safety equipment could include safety glasses, hearing protection, and possibly safety shoes. Building is temperature controlled but would be exposed to heat, cold, humidity, machine noises, and is in the proximity of moving machine parts.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, authority, skills or efforts associated with this job.
ADDENDUM TO JOB DESCRIPTION
PURPOSE: In addition to the minimum job requirements for knowledge, skills, and abilities covered on the job description for this position, this addendum reflects minimum physical requirements, tools/equipment, materials and personal protective equipment needed in the performance of the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands: The position requires standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, grasping, handling, reaching, climbing, bending, squatting, balancing, seeing, listening, talking, and communicating.
I.Machines, Tools, Equipment used in reference to requirements of the job.
- Fork Lift
- Reach Truck
- Air Staplers
- Hand Jacks
II.Physical Demands of the Job (walking, lifting, talking)
- Continuous sitting/standing for up to 10 hours.
- Occasional climbing, including fixed set of stairs and/or on or off fork trucks.
- Occasional balancing while lifting product.
- Occasional lifting or carrying of up to 50 pounds. Lift range from floor up to 52 inches.
- Frequent lifting or carrying of up to 35 pounds. Lift range from floor up to 52 inches.
- Constant lifting or carrying of up to 25 pounds. Lift range from floor up to 52 inches.
- Frequent lifting or carrying of up to 20 pounds to overhead heights. Lifts range from floor up to 84 inches.
- Frequent to constant reaching, ranging from below waist to overhead.
- Frequent bending.
- Frequent squatting.
- Frequent to constant grasping and/or manipulation.
- Pushing up to 20-30 pound boxes of product with two hands on a constant basis.
- Pulling up to 20-30 pound boxes of product on a constant basis.
- Utilizing visual and auditory skills constantly.
III.Person Protective Equipment
- Safety Glasses (Goggles / Shields) – required when using air tools.