About The Resort at Paws Up
The Resort at Paws Up is America's premier luxury ranch resort. Set on a 37,000-acre ranch, Paws Up embodies the spirit of the American West. It's a family owned and award-winning destination that truly inspires.
The role of the Fishing Guide is to lead and conduct fly fishing expeditions for resort guest in a variety of settings.
The Primary Functions are:
- Teach fly fishing fundamentals, including fly casting and fly-fishing, to a wide range of ages and abilities while adhere to the rules and regulations of the Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks Department, and the Montana Board of Outfitters.
- Instruct guests in the art of fly fishing, river etiquette and wildlife of the area.
- Conduct fly fishing excursions in a variety of settings, including in a floating raft.
- Preform safety and instruction of each guided activity to participants.
- Navigate and row a drift boat or raft efficiently and safely.; Pilot a river raft down Class II and (very limited) Class III whitewater.
- Understand river morphology, whitewater rescue techniques, and proper river etiquette.
- Share passion for the outdoors and Western Montana with guests.
- Operate company vehicles properly.
- Perform physical and administrative duties for the preparation and end of each activity expedition.; Assist in lunch presentation and preparation.
- Keep attention to guests in relation to health-related matters such as physical exertion, sunstroke, and reminding guest to hydrate and to apply sunscreen.
- Work with a variety of personalities and ages to make clients feel safe and comfortable, while delivering information in an understandable manner with respect to individual learning preferences.
- Remain calm under pressure; handle crisis management as it unfolds and remain flexible to change as events happen.
- Be organized and detail oriented, utilizing checklists or other systems to ensure no task is left undone; anticipate events and plan; prepare for the unexpected; remain focused on the result.
- Be helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Assist guests in filling out appropriate departmental forms.
- Possess strong customer service focus striving for high guest satisfaction and going out of the way to be helpful and pleasant.
- Assist in managing inventory of Activities Department equipment and supplies.
- Assist with on-site set up and clean up for activities.
- Maintain equipment.
- Work closely with Activities management, co-workers and other departments on providing effective communication, planning, and organization to ensure all activity needs are met.
- Promote resort activities to guests.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of Resort information and amenities.
- Perform department opening and closing duties.
- Answer phones in a timely and courteous manner while following the company’s phone etiquette standards.
- Converse with the guests at a high level, being aware of their needs and fulfill special guest requests as instructed by management or the guest directly.
- Ensure confidentiality of guests before and throughout their stay.
- Assist with guest activities issues accurately and promptly.
- Follow and complete daily department checklists.
- Maintain clean and clear work environment while staying organized and efficient.
- Assist in other activity assignments and duties as assigned.
Looking for Team Members with:
- High school diploma, GED or vocational training or job-related course work; Education in Outdoor Recreation preferred, not required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in fly fishing and instruction
- Experience in navigation of a raft and/or drift boat
- Proficient ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment while remaining organized and prioritizing workload throughout the day
- Has a friendly and professional manner under periods of high demands and with guest, team members, and management
- Valid Montana Fishing and Conservation License
- Valid State Driver’s License with two years driving experience
Team members can look forward to:
- Carpool Reimbursement $5-$20/Day
- Housing assistance available
- Employee lunch provided
- Employee discounts on merchandise
Check it out for yourself!
Join The HERD
The Resort at Paws Up provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.