About The Resort at Paws Up
The Resort at Paws Up is America's premier luxury ranch resort. Set on a 37,000-acre ranch, Paws Up embodies the spirit of the American West. It's a family owned and award-winning destination that truly inspires.
The role of the Activities Guide is to provide and lead guests on recreational expeditions via hikes, archery, mountain biking, ropes challenge course, ATV trails, climbing, skeet shootings, and water activities.
The Primary Functions are:
- Lead guests on hikes, archery, mountain biking, challenge course, ATV, climbing, and skeet shooting, river, and lake expeditions.
- Preform safety and instruction of each guided activity to participants.
- Lead expeditions independently for maximum of twelve attendees.; Co-lead expeditions for a maximum of twenty-four attendees.
- Operate company vehicles properly and provided proper operation instruction to guests.
- Pilot a river raft down Class II and (very limited) Class III whitewater.
- Operate and give instruction in inflatable kayaking Class II & III, flat-water canoeing and kayaking,
- Operate and pilot a ski/powerboat while, towing a water-skier (wake boarder, etc.) on a medium sized lake.
- Provide safety and operation instruction on riding a Personal Water Craft (jet ski) and behind ski/powerboat to guests.
- Lead and ride on single-track, jeep trails, log roads, and dirt roads as well as giving instruction to all ability levels on mountain bikes and All Terrain Vehicles (ATVs).
- Paddle hard shell canoes and sea-kayaks on a flatwater Lake and Class I water/river conditions while instructing guests in activity.
- Instruct and operate with guests 20-guage & 12-guage shotguns, .22 Long Rifles, and recurve and compound bows for archery.
- Guide hikes, with an emphasis on naturalism on Resort property and nearby National Forests, State Forests, and BLM Land.
- Instruct and guide guests on rock climbing and mountaineering.
- Perform physical and administrative duties for the preparation and end of each activity expedition.
- Keep attention to guests in relation to health-related matters such as physical exertion, sunstroke, and reminding guest to hydrate and to apply sunscreen.
- Work with a variety of personalities and ages to make clients feel safe and comfortable, while delivering information in an understandable manner with respect to individual learning preferences.
- Remain calm under pressure; handle crisis management as it unfolds and remain flexible to change as events happen.
- Be organized and detail oriented, utilizing checklists or other systems to ensure no task is left undone; anticipate events and plan; prepare for the unexpected; remain focused on the result.
- Be helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Assist guests in filling out appropriate departmental forms.
- Possess strong customer service focus striving for high guest satisfaction and going out of the way to be helpful and pleasant.
- Assist in managing inventory of Activities Department equipment and supplies.
- Assist with on-site set up and clean up for activities.
- Maintain equipment.
- Work closely with Activities management, co-workers and other departments on providing effective communication, planning, and organization to ensure all activity needs are met.
- Promote resort activities to guests.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of Resort information and amenities.
- Perform department opening and closing duties.
- Interact with children, parents, co-workers, guests, co-workers, and management in a professional and caring manner.
- Answer phones in a timely and courteous manner while following the company’s phone etiquette standards.
- Converse with the guests at a high level, being aware of their needs and fulfill special guest requests as instructed by management or the guest directly.
- Ensure confidentiality of guests before and throughout their stay.
- Assist with guest activities issues accurately and promptly.
- Follow and complete daily department checklists.
- Maintain clean and clear work environment while staying organized and efficient.
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail at all time.
- Communicate and maintain timelines and priorities.
- Administer basic First Aid and CPR when needed and during emergency situations.
- Assist in other activity assignments and duties as assigned.
Looking for Team Members with:
- High school diploma, GED or vocational training or job-related course work; Education in Outdoor Recreation preferred, not required
- Creditable experience in teaching and/or outdoor guiding
- Minimum 2 years of experience in customer service
- Proficient ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment while remaining organized and prioritizing workload throughout the day
- Has a friendly and professional manner under periods of high demands and with guest, team members, and management
- Valid CPR/First Aid Certification
- Valid State Driver’s License with clean driving record.
Team members can look forward to:
- Carpool Reimbursement $5-$20/Day
- Limited Housing assistance available
- Employee lunch provided
- Employee discounts on merchandise
- Employee Assistance Program
Check it out for yourself!
Join The HERD
The Resort at Paws Up provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training