Warehouse Supervisor Inbound - 1st Shift 7AM - 3:30PM
Job Purpose: Position will report to the Warehouse Manager. Supervise warehouse operations as required. Communicate transitional information from day shift to night shift. Manage any staff assigned to shift including employee performance reviews and any disciplinary actions. Oversees for the supervision of all computer entry work and all paperwork flow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for assigning work assignments for all 1st shift warehouse staffing, keeping in mind customer specifications, up to and including driver departure times to meet delivery schedules.
• Oversee the loading of inbound/outbound freight according to customer specifications.
• Supervisor Local, Regional, and OTR drivers, communicate updates and work-flow changes.
• Review deliveries for poor packing and general conditions of materials. Alert Customer Service Rep, Warehouse
Manager, and when necessary COO of any problems, with clear, decisive information or pictures if necessary.
• Oversee and assign the processing of shipment paperwork as required to include the scanning of BOL's.
• Responsible to see that all shipments are recorded and verified and the accuracy of the shipment against the paperwork for incoming and outgoing shipments and deliveries.
• Monitor the quality and accuracy of all shipments according to customer specifications.
• Ensure that the department staff meets the requirements of each customer and that any requirement changes are up-dated and all staffing is trained on any changes to a customer.
• Ensure the updating of the Tee Card board and TMW system.
• Communicate with customers and respond to inquiries as needed, implementing any actions required.
• Responsible for communicating with 3rd shift via e-mail prior to the end of each shift to ensure a smooth Transition of daily work-flow, issues, customer concerns, or any maintenance issue that have been reported.
• Ensure the safety, training and development of employees, drivers, and contractors, in accordance with OSHA and RJW policies and procedures.
• Oversee the completion of all computer data entry as required, checking for accuracy and efficiency
• Maintains and approve of all shift employee timesheets for weekly payroll, including any temp hours, making corrections as needed. Monitoring all overtime hours to meet department requirements.
• Completes building checks daily notifying Warehouse Director of equipment or building problems or preventive maintenance needed and assist with maintaining equipment according to manufacturer's recommendations.
• Ensures that warehouse employees adhere to all AIB processes, procedures and guidelines, and that they have had the
AIB training for handling any food products in the course of their employment.
• Assure that all checklists for building, equipment, and safety are completed as designated by the SOP or Policy. Issue any corrective actions or work orders needed to correct or fix any issues.
• Ensures that proper procedures are taken with any and all accident reporting, handling the care of any injured employee, and making sure HR and management are notified of any emergency actions taken.
• Perform assigned tasks or other duties as instructed by Warehouse Manager or COO.
• Efficiency management skills.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills representing the ability to lead, manage, motivate and develop associates
• Strong core values that align with those of RJW with emphasis on safety, accuracy and customer satisfaction.
• Must be orientated toward process improvement and have a willingness to work in a fast-paced "roll up your sleeves" environment.
• Demonstrate proficient computer skills including data entry.
• Interpersonal skills
Excellent computer skills, including data entry.
• Good Judgment.
• Must be versatile and detail-oriented, demonstrating effectual problem-solving skills.
• Minimum of 3+ years previous warehouse supervisory/managerial experience.
• Dispatch experience
• Dock supervision experience
• Familiarity with Smart Turn or TMW software a plus
• Experience in Warehouse Management and LTL dispatch
• Knowledge of DOT Regulations and Requirements
Education and/or Experience Required:
• Minimum of H.S. diploma or GED equivalent
• Some college preferred.