Req. ID: 151144
Micron Technology's vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
As a Sr. Financial Analyst on the Global Cost Consolidation team, you will be responsible for understanding manufacturing costs inputs and how we convert those inputs into COGS for Micron. As an analyst, you will assist with monitoring actual costs compared to planned costs and improve future cost estimates and performance metrics. You will present your analysis to management and internal partners through face to face meetings and phone conferences. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to help define new processes and systems for product cost reporting and analysis under a standard cost accounting scheme. Once standard cost is implemented, you will serve as liaison between the Manufacturing Finance team and BU Finance teams, including direct support to BU cost analysts. After ramping in this role, you will be a product cost expert – as such, you will support analysis and questions from a variety of stakeholders, including executives in Finance, Business Units, and Operations functions. Consequently, this will be a high visibility role.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Contribute to publish of quarterly product cost reports and drive continuous improvement to systems and processes to facilitate that reporting.
- Recognize, quantify, highlight, and explain product cost through-line stories.
- Analyze manufacturing variance to provide explanations and stories for a wide range of stakeholders.
- Perform COGS change analysis, including forecast over forecast analysis and actual to forecast analysis.
- Coordinate new product cost analysis, for business plan evaluation.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis to support business allocation decisions or manufacturing decisions.
- Consolidate product excess/obsolescence/quality scrap/write-down forecasting.
- Maintain, improve, and develop system solutions.
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field
- Product cost experience and knowledge of related processes and systems (including ERP-systems like SAP, COGNOS TM1 a plus)
- At least 2 years of work experience in Finance, Accounting, Financial Controlling or related fields in the manufacturing industry (electronics manufacturing, semiconductors or other high-tech industries preferred)
- Ambitious, with a growth mindset and strong dedication to identify and implement improvement opportunities
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal English-language communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform in an environment characterized by volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity (VUCA)
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry's broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today's major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to leverage the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and enhance communication around the world.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center / Activity rooms (Boise only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron's Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Keywords: Boise || Idaho (US-ID) || United States (US) || SGA || Experienced || Regular || Accounting/Finance || #LI-SC2 || Tier 4 ||