Boise Cascade is looking for an experienced Internal Audit Manager to join their Corporate Audit Team. Salary will be based on experience. Come grow with us!
Boise Cascade has been in the business of manufacturing wood products and distributing building materials for over half a century. Today we're one of the largest manufacturers of plywood and engineered wood products in North America – and the only wholesale stocking distributor for building products that can service the entire United States. Because our business is built on relationships, our employees are critical to our success. And we're committed to investing in them. That's why we offer a benefits package designed to have a positive impact on all areas of your life – from health and well-being, career and community, to financial security and personal safety. We call it, Total Rewards. Here's a look at what's included:
• Prescription Drug
- 401(k) Retirement Savings
- Plans and conducts control or project audits covering a broad range of the company's operations to determine if functional areas are conducting operations in accordance with established guidelines, policies, procedures, governmental and legal requirements, and compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act Section 404.
- May determine audit scopes, schedules, and budgets for individual audit projects; determine appropriate process analysis and internal control procedures; evaluate internal controls; develop audit programs, coordinate on-the-job training of subordinates; and coordinate project team performance feedback processes.
- May write, review, and / or deliver audit report findings and recommendations to leadership.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with all levels of management and employees in order to promote controlled processes, systems, and financial reporting.
- Prepare reports for management on the results of audits, providing recommendations on improvements. Interfaces with and assists outside auditors to expedite their work.
- Identify process and control improvement opportunities and communicate them to the team leader and function/location management.
- May perform digital forensic investigations, electronic discovery requests for legal and corporate clients and internal IT Audit reviews.
- May be responsible for continuously enhancing and augmenting company's forensic and eDiscovery programs.
- May perform technical internal IT audit reviews and special projects related to cyber security.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to safety, quality, environmental awareness, and continuous process improvement.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, information systems, general business, or acceptable equivalent
- Typically more than 7 years of experience in related job function
- Required business travel of 25-30%
- Knowledgeable in general accounting and finance concepts, with knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements preferred
- Working knowledge of process analysis tools and techniques, computer assisted audit techniques, and data analysis
- Interviewing, documentation, and presentation skills
- PC skills are essential - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Previous experience supervising/managing employees
- Dual degrees and advanced degrees are strongly encouraged
- CPA, CIA, and/or CISA designation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Power BI