Enterprise Architect - Remote
~This is a remote opportunity~
Cradlepoint was born in Boise and built for wireless. We are a team of authentic, hard-working, and innovative people driven by a shared vision toConnect Beyond the limits of wired networks. We help customers — big and small, across industries and around the world — utilize LTE and 5G cellular technology to connect people, places, and things, anywhere.We’re at the forefront of the Wireless WAN and 5G — the next big waves in networking — and we remain as hungry and humble as the day we started. If you’re hungry to be part of something big, come join us.
How Will You Contribute to the Company?
Cradlepoint is currently seeking an Enterprise IT Architect to join a dynamic, multi-national Company with a key role in the Global Information Technology Team. As the Enterprise IT Architect, you will apply critical enterprise architecture expertise to initiatives across all Cradlepoint’s lines of business. As part of the IT Team in the Office of the Chief Security & Trust Officer, you will employ your expertise to a variety of projects and challenges. In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to program operations and proposal solution development as well as contributing to the defensive posture of Cradlepoint itself. This role will require a broad technical background in information technology, system design, and a proven ability to apply that knowledge to enterprise solutions.
What Will You Do?
- Determine components of the strategic technology vision for the enterprise using cloud, managed solutions, and traditional capabilities, complete with a forecasted total cost of ownership.
- Support the design and implementation of an Enterprise Architecture strategy that supports the organization's objectives
- Create, support, and influence pragmatic architectural oversight, using principles, policies, and guardrails in a federated technology landscape.
- Utilize expertise in systems architecture, engineering, and integrations in support of programs, proposals, and corporate objectives.
- Design standard configurations and patterns for products, projects, and architectural support activities.
- Analyze data against architectural requirements to help apply architectural policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Facilitate architecture and technology reviews of major programs and drive alignment across the various architectural domains (e.g. Business, Information, Technology, and Security)
- Align the Enterprise Architecture capabilities to drive capability ownership and enterprise delivery. Develop architecture models to capture the holistic view of the enterprise for current and future states
- Understand and articulate the desired future state of technical architecture to help in closing gaps from current state to scale the business and reduce costs.
- Understand, advocate, and support the enterprise's IT strategy along with assisting in the development and implementation/realization of the various IT roadmaps
- Work collaboratively on architecture efforts for complex initiatives.
- Analyze and resolve routine technical problems using experience and enterprise tools in consultation with stakeholders.
- Analyze the current IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement through the development of reference architectures and knowledge of current technologies and available integrations
- Analyze industry technology and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise and its architecture
- Work with technology and business stakeholders to realize the implementation of key future state initiatives
- Provide advice as a go-to technical resource for employees outside of the architecture domain.
- Proactively identify information technology deficiencies or opportunities for improvement to better enable business security.
- Participate in stakeholder engagement sessions to capture business and IT requirements in order to evaluate IT solutions, and provide assistance in Proof of Concepts and/or deployments of technology across the enterprise
- Evaluate network and system technologies, identify security gaps, evaluate and implement enhancements and provide mentorship for less experienced team members.
- Provide regular, timely reporting on the information security topics as required
- Assist in planning for information technology solutions delivery and provide mentorship for less experienced team members. Effectively communicate using written, oral, non-verbal, and active listening skills
- Authority to recommend decisions on areas of responsibility to the Chief Security & Trust Officer
- Authority to direct resources to respond to information technology issues or critical deficiencies to ensure operations of Cradlepoint information systems
- Accountable to Chief Security & Trust Officer for the efficient and effective execution of position responsibilities
- Accountable to Chief Security & Trust Officer to meet all performance objectives
- Accountable to peer employees to ensure all job resource requirements are met and appropriate performance feedback is delivered in a timely manner
- Accountable to staff to provide leadership and guidance in function and ensure appropriate performance feedback is delivered in a timely manner
- Bachelor's degree with 8-12 years of experience relevant to Information Technology and Systems Architecture. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Information Technology programs, specifically Enterprise Architecture to include reference architecture creation, IT program assessment, IT operations, identity and access management, data protection, and asset management
- Working knowledge of IT products in both on-prem, cloud and SaaS models, including Identity and Access Management, Active Directory, AWS, Azure, Enterprise Applications, Data Architecture, and Network infrastructure
- Experience creating and working with data flow, component, and system architecture diagrams
- Experience with cloud security models, network security architecture development, security policy development, responding to security incidents and coordinating incident activities
- Experience performing architecture reviews, identifying gaps in architecture, and developing future state architecture roadmap/plans
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Cloud experience in support of AWS, GCP, and MS Azure cloud hosting environments
- Experience with enterprise IAM solutions, Active Directory, federation, and ERP systems
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Knowledge of UML, SysML, and TOGAF
Note: Did you know that women and other marginalized groups often hold back on applying to jobs if they don’t meet 100% of all listed requirements? We don’t want you to hold back! If you don’t check every single box above but still feel like you could successfully do the work, we encourage you to apply! We’d love to connect and see how you could add to our team.
At Cradlepoint, we’re one team - all in on inclusion. Celebrating the uniqueness of our individual team members across the globe helps us build diverse teams where we all can thrive. Our connected, community-focused culture enables each one of us to perform at our best and fully be ourselves.
Our Cradlepoint values drive everything we do:
- Stay humble and hungry: Be a curious learner, resilient, and competitive.
- Don’t point a finger; lend a hand: We are one team! Communicate, provide support, and lift others.
- Make a difference: Prioritize, innovate, differentiate, and think big for customer success. Make a difference in work and in our communities.
- Keep it simple: Eliminate complexity. Reduce time to value.
- Enjoy the ride: Celebrate – appreciate – grow.
- Trust, Respect, and transparency: Be ethical, data-driven, respectful, and straight shooters who share openly.
We are creating the future of global connectivity & community. Come join us. You belong here.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary with a focus on a global market; Annual and Incremental Incentive plans; employee retirement plans (where available)
- Flexible Time Off with Global Holiday Schedules to promote work-life balance
- Wellness initiatives focused on the health and mental well-being of our team members and their families, including free membership to Headspace (a mindfulness and well-being app), an International Employee Assistance Program, and dedicated quarterly Well-being Days and No Internal Meeting Fridays.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Eligible to participate in customary health and other benefit plans and programs based on location
- Work from home opportunities across our global locations with a culture rooted in inclusion and teamwork
Cradlepoint’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging mission is to create an inclusive work environment where all employees’ differences are celebrated, their thoughts matter, and everyone feels safe to bring their authentic selves to work. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and aim to attract, develop, and engage top talent from a diverse candidate pool. It is our policy and commitment to provide equal opportunity employment for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.