Requisition Number: ENGIN02530
The Engineering Project Manager within corporate engineering is responsible for both managing large capital projects, up to $20MM, as well as providing leadership to site engineering resources to successfully execute capital projects. This role has ultimate accountability for project scope, quality of the finished work, on-time and on-budget delivery of the project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Working with Corporate Engineering staff, plant staffs and other functions, perform design development, cost estimates, capital expenditure requests and process improvements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in different fields ensuring adherence to proper protocols, practices, and meet timelines.
- Implement new systems and standardize equipment requirements
- Research and assist in testing new technology.
- Ability to assess and understand complex operations and systems to support production operations.
- Track project progress, implementation, and costs.
- Continuously assess new equipment technologies for process improvements.
- Manage the planning and budgeting process for various engineering improvements, with the goal of meeting project expectations and time requirements.
- Responsible for safety of project team including construction trades.
- Audits and assesses quality of fabrication and construction against industry standards and contractual requirements.
- Ability to assess and understand complex operations and systems to support production management. Track project progress, implementation, and costs.
- Provide Engineering leadership to manufacturing facilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior Project Management and Construction Management Experience including design oversight, equipment/trade Statement of Work development, and project reporting.
- Technical competence - Food Processing systems & equipment, facility construction and/or Utility systems.
- Lean Manufacturing background a plus
- Comprehensive problem solving/decision making skills
- Strong organization/administration - project management. Must be able to execute and deliver results
- Communication skills - must be able to present complex technical data both orally, in writing and in concise terms.
- Thorough understanding of OSHA,USDA, HACCP, FSIS, Food Safety and other requirements.
- Forthright with opinions and recommendations
- Demonstrated computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, AutoCAD)
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- BS degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10-15 years Food Industry or Consumer Packaged Goods background.
- Dairy or Food & Beverage industry experience required.
- Proven track record of construction project execution.
- Professional Engineer’s license, a plus
- Project Management Professional certification, a plus.
Darigold is known for delivering fresh, high quality, value-added dairy products to people, & customer-driven solutions to organizations, all around the globe. We are the 5th largest dairy Co-Op in the US & one of the largest privately held organizations headquartered in Seattle, Washington. We produce over 10 billion pounds of milk every year! Since 1918, our Farmer-owners have taken great pride in producing nutritious dairy products with unsurpassed quality. Our work environment provides a results driven, collaborative space, with open & transparent communication, & a culture of celebrating everyone’s wins. Our mid-size private business model provides the ability to have dynamic involvement at all levels of our organization. We’re also proud to say we offer an excellent Total Compensation Package & a few other unique perks to our industry!
At Darigold we embrace diversity & welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, creed, religion, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law- We’re proud to say we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
As a condition of employment applicants offered a role will be required to successfully pass our pre-employment background screen, receive a negative drug screen result & confirm eligibility to work in the U.S. We participate in E-Verify- please follow the links for details, English / Spanish & view our Right to Work Statement, English / Spanish.