Columbia Bank is proud to offer paid internship opportunities to college students looking to pursue a career in the banking industry. Our internship program provides both real world work experience as well as opportunities to serve in our local communities. Columbia Banks community banking philosophy places the highest priority on relationship-based customer service and providing a positive work environment, while striving to make meaningful contributions to each of the communities it serves. We truly believe that our people make the difference.
The Commercial Banking intern will have exposure to and responsibility for providing assistance and support to Commercial, Professional and Commercial Real Estate Bankers by performing analysis on financial statements, tax returns, and cash flow for borrowers. The intern will also have exposure to relationship management and participate in several in market marketing opportunities.
- Researches client's banking relationship and credit history
- Determines strengths and weaknesses of the credit
- Appropriately analyzes collateral values
- Identifies and mitigates policy exceptions
- Analyzes financial trends (income statements, cash flow, etc.)
- Conducts pricing model to establish profitability
- Reviews and maintains commercial credit files for completeness, including reviewing loan documentation packages, ordering and reviewing credit reports, reviewing preliminary title reports, appraisals, environmental reports, etc.
- Ensures all files include current financial statements, agency reports, etc.
- Maintains a current knowledge of banking/financial terminology and regulations.
- Read, understand, and follow Columbia Bank's loan policy and all pertinent Standard Operating Procedures
- Participates in training opportunities as presented
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Sources and comply lists of prospects in the market
- Compiles email, social media and other methods of prospecting
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc)
- General understanding of data analysis as it relates to banking
- Demonstrated high level of customer service
- Currently enrolled in college or graduate level courses and pursuing a degree/advanced degree in a relevant or related field of interest
- Provide proof of 3.0 GPA or better (an official transcript is required)
- Commit to ~12 weeks of continuous, full time work during the summer
- Must provide own living arrangements and transportation
OUR CORE BEHAVIORS:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions