Req. ID: 152825
Micron Technology's vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
The Global Learning and Development team (GL&D) is looking for a strategic, results-driven Change management and Comms manager, who can facilitate clarity, collaboration, and high-quality execution on behalf of the broader Global Learning and Development Team. The ideal candidate has demonstrable experience scaling a Learning and Development organization in a complex, ambiguous and fast paced environment. Key skills include navigating ambiguity, prioritization, program and stakeholder management, organizational savvy, and communication. We're looking for someone who insists on learning that is grounded in research and rigor but can think outside the box to help us build highly personalized and scalable learning at Micron.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Translate vision to execution through clear planning and operations.
- Build strong change management plan to include all stakeholders globally and a detailed roadmap of events leading up to our program roll outs.
- Lead GL&D philosophy for managing enterprise programs and communications.
- Build clarity of scope, requirements, owners, and outcomes for Learning initiatives, taking into account roles, deliverables, timelines, resources, stakeholders and success measures.
- Drive alignment and high-quality execution by collaborating effectively with our partners such as Leadership Development, HR Solutions, Performance management and Global communication team,
- Identify and track progress, issues and risks related to execution and outcomes. Facilitate informed decision-making and issue resolution. Stay abreast of developments and rework project plans as needed.
- Assist in communicating project goals, progress and outcomes to key stakeholders, including executives and leaders, and provide visibility and updates as needed.
- Assist the Director of GL&D with yearly budget and planning process.
- Excellent communication skills and use of tools like ppt, images and other visual aids.
- Demonstrated track record (10+ years' experience) in complex learning program management, preferably in a fast-growing company.
- Ability to cut through ambiguity to build clarity and focus, make smart decisions, and drive projects to completion.
- Demonstrated commitment to innovation and high customer happiness.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills, including attention to detail and the ability to process disparate information and synthesize quickly
- Outstanding influencing and communication skills, including strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to hold others accountable through influence, trust, and inspiration
- Ability to ground decisions and communication in research and data
- Strong consulting and relationship-building skills
- Bachelor's degree and advanced degree desirable
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry's broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today's major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to leverage the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and enhance communication around the world.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center / Activity rooms (Boise only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron's Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Keywords: Boise || Idaho (US-ID) || United States (US) || SGA || Experienced || Regular || Human Resources || #LI-SC2 || Tier 4 ||