The Pet Doctor is looking for dedicated and knowledgeable Certified Veterinary Technicians to join our AMAZING team!
Job duties include:
- Preparing and administering medications (oral and injectable) and completing specific treatments for each patient as directed.
- Assist with admission of new patients by placing IV catheters, collecting blood/urine as needed for testing.
- TPR all exam rooms during your scheduled shift.
- Prepare animal for surgery, performs pre and post-surgical observations of animals and reports condition changes.
- Performing general patient husbandry by preparing food, taking patients out for walks, performing bladder expressions and bathing as needed.
- Review discharge instructions with clients.
- Provide outstanding customer service to clients and be the liaison between the doctors, treatment area staff and the front desk staff.
Qualified candidates must be able to:
- Multi-task in a fast paced working environment
- Maintain a high level of organization and communication
- Maintain accurate medical records
- Provide consistent quality customer service to every client and patient
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Work independently
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of animal methods of care, restraint and handling of animals and the techniques used in the care and feeding of animals
- Knowledge of basic procedures used in control and of animal control regulations
- Knowledge of veterinary medical and surgical practices and procedures
- Ability to handle and restrain large and small animals
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports to adapt to new and constantly changing situations and environments
- Ability to lift animals onto a table (50-60 lbs individually).
- Skill in operating medical equipment
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with co-workers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- HS diploma or equivalent
- CVT preferred
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Must have Mac/PC skills, including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with Avimark veterinary software is a plus
We offer an incredible benefits package including health, dental, and vision, paid parental leave, 401(k), PTO, generous pet benefits, and much more!
Pathway Vet Alliance
30+ days ago
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.