FOREMAN INSULATOR I
Bogalusa, LA, US
ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Insulator Foreman for new construction work at Calpine WPEC project in Bogalusa, Louisiana.
Industrial Insulator Foreman will oversee the insulation to pipe, ducts, and equipment as required by specifications.
- Must be able to read blueprints, sketches, or building plans.
- Must have all Knowledge Skills and Abilities required (see below).
- Must be willing to assist other crafts while not actively working on a insulating project.
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements.
- Must be able and willing to follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Must have all required tools.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Identify all tools required and materials for tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
- Measure, mark, and cut required wooden/metallic materials to required specifications.
- Measure, mark, and cut required insulation to required specifications.
- Fabrication, fit, and/or shape insulating material or covering around equipment for protection.
- Identify and mix paint and coatings as required.
- Know the proper use and techniques required to place or replace insulation.
- Will work at heights and off of ladders and scaffolds safely.
- Clean up/housekeeping of work areas.
- Must have 4+ years working as an Insulator on an industrial construction project.
- Must have prior experience in supervision
- Must be able to read blueprints, plans, and drawings proficiently to perform duties.
- Must have knowledge on the different types of insulation and their applications.
- Must know how to handle and place insulation around or on equipment, ducting, or piping.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work full work schedule and any additional overtime as needed.
- Must be willing to work safely and follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Must follow all company and site rules and regulations.
- Must have required tools.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Current Zachry or Zachry ROF'ed employee.
- Former Foreman Insulator Foreman Experience.
- Former experience working with Zachry Industrial, Inc.
- National Center for Construction Education and Research's (NCCER) certification for Industrial Journeyman Insulator.
- Formal/Technical education.
- Experience working with scaffolding, insulation, and painting.
This position will lead and manage crews of journeyman and helpers. The crew size may vary, but the average span of control for this position is between 5 to 15 workers.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to pick up, lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, and may occasionally work off of platforms/scaffolding using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions (including heat, rain, cold and wind) while wearing appropriate PPE.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/spoggles, ear plugs, masks/respirators, hi-vis safety vests, leather gloves and leather steel-toed work boots.
ZACHRY is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug-Free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.