The candidate will responsible for the operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and telecommunication networks. Install, maintain, upgrade, and continuously improve the client operating environment. Will be able to work within a team to design and implement highly available fault tolerant solutions to support customer mission-critical applications. Assist with the analysis of high availability requirements, technology improvement opportunities, and operational improvements. Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of current and anticipated customer needs. Collaborate team members to identify potential improvements to current customer technology and processes. The candidate must possess a variety of skills in a variety of technology areas and is able to implement, integrate, maintain, and troubleshoot systems in a diverse technology environment.
- Knowledgeable on telecommunications networks, including Cisco network switches, telephones (PBX) and cables.
- Proficient with installing and maintaining telecommunication systems, to include fiber and copper cable installation, splicing and terminating and must be familiar with twisted pair, fiber, and coax installation methods and color-coding conventions.
- Experience with testing equipment or testing circuits using various tools such as network diagnostic tools or standard hand tools.
- Must have the ability to use and operate data circuit analyzers, a personal computer, communications signal tracer, and other tools and equipment used in the installation, maintenance, and operation of telecommunications systems.
Minimum Experience, Education and Certification:
- Active Top Secret clearance
- 5 years supporting multiple systems or applications of medium to highly complex (complexity defined by size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity, and accessibility
- Familiarity with wiring, data cables, and circuitry
- Experience with setting up phone networks and systems
- Experience with Cisco Switches
- Ability to think critically and determine viable solutions to problems
- Initiative to remain up-to-date with industry trends
- Ability to provide thorough, complete, and concise technical documentation
- Capacity to make quick decisions when faced with issues like outages or backups
- Willingness to work as a team player
- RCDD certification (preferred)