As an integral member of the Claims team for our Third-Party Administrator, you will have the responsibility to investigate, coordinate and evaluate the legal liability of any party involved in claims we receive. This position requires the candidate to work closely with our claims personnel, clients, and all related parties to obtain the necessary information to create subrogation recovery opportunities, coordinating the development of evidence to support subrogation recoveries and pursue these recoveries in accordance with legal statutes, policy provisions and client handling guidelines.
- Conduct investigation to determine a claim's subrogation potential and pursue appropriate recovery
- Identify, investigate and gather proper information in support of recovery opportunity in a timely and effective manner
- Prepare materials and documentation on unsettled claims to communicate to all relevant parties inclusive of; claims professionals, clients, attorneys, collection agencies and possible arbitration, if appropriate, for further legal action.
- Negotiate settlements with responsible parties. If a settlement can't be reached, directs legal action or arbitration versus potentially responsible parties.
- Maintain active diary to ensure all claims are aggressively pursued
- Prepare necessary documentation in a timely manner in accordance with state filing requirements
- Perform all subrogation record keeping by maintaining a current status in documents and notes.
- Assemble and analyze data relative to subrogation recognition, pursuit and recovery with objective of ensuring optimal performance
- Maintain technical and regulatory expertise. Monitor judicial and legislative developments to promptly identify, analyze and communicate changes impacting recovery strategies
- Other duties as assigned
- High degree of judgment and initiative to design and implement collection strategies
- Demonstrate commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.
- 5 - 7 years of progressively responsible experience in successfully handling Workers Compensation, Automobile, General Liability and Property claims handling or subrogation experience; multiple jurisdictional expertise preferred.
- Understanding of medical terminology, physical damage repair and negligence laws is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills will be needed;
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching and teamwork skills are essential;
- Previous supervisor/management experience is strongly preferred;
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience is required; professional designations (CPCU, AIC, etc.) are a plus.