The Cement Technician position is a multi-skilled position responsible for the operation and maintenance of the cement plant.
- Promotes LafargeHolcim U.S. Safety guidelines and standards, ensuring that safety and compliance requirements are met and followed on customer job sites.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Perform walk-by inspections & checklists on operating process plant
- Perform mechanical maintenance activities, make repairs, installations and replacements on a wide variety of equipment (Example: rigging, cutting, welding, fitting, lubrication, alignments, basic low voltage electrical repairs, housekeeping, hydraulics, pneumatics, operate light and medium sized plant mobile equipment)
- Troubleshoot and optimize equipment during operation and mechanical breakdowns
- Maintain documentation, plan and organize work, participate in various team activities
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: High School diploma/GED
Required Work Experience: 1 year of experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Required to work outside, at heights, warm temperatures, and at times around and over water, in dusty environments and confined spaces.
- Must be able to work any shift are required
- Ideal candidates would have a high mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work in a team based environment