Technical Sales Solution Consultant (Presales Engineer)
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
The Technical Sales Solutions Consultant (Presales Engineer) plays a key role in the customer solution architecting process, providing pre-sales software and hardware technical expertise. Working closely with the field sales organization, other consultants, and customer representatives, the Solutions Consultant provides support ranging from product specification presentations to product value discussions. Uses project management and customer relationship skills to align Hitachi Vantara Technology solutions with customers' business strategies. Demonstrates strong knowledge in one of Hitachi Vantara's key initiatives with thorough knowledge of all solution areas.
- Gathers data on customer business issues, analyses solutions, and employs this information in Hitachi Vantara engagements.
- Collaborates with the customer on development of a global growth roadmap.
- Uses understanding of customers' business needs and knowledge of industry trends in one or more disciplines (Business Continuity, Tiered Storage, or Storage Management) to build a business case for Hitachi Vantara solutions.
- Actively supports company change programs and acts as a role model for solution selling.
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years of experience in a Consulting Presales role in the Storage Industry or in a High-Value Solutions Infrastructure company
- 8+ years of experience in the Information Technology industry
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies such as; Server technologies, Virtualization/VMware, Business Continuity, Data Protection, SAN, LAN/WAN Concepts and Architectures.
- Knowledgeable in ESX, vSAN, NSX, vRealize desired
- Enterprise applications knowledge like ERP, CRM, etc. would be a plus
- Track record of success in Business Technology related sales.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education needed.
- Ability to write well-structured reports and proposals with clear, logical and succinct language.
- Ability to develop and deliver well-structured presentations with information appropriate for the desired audience
- Excellent whiteboarding Skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent customer/business negotiation skills.
- Personable - Able to represent Hitachi Vantara positively to customers and build positive relationships.
- Persuasive - Able to influence effectively.
- Articulate - Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized - Able to coordinate resources and tasks effectively.
- Able to work in unstructured environments and situations and prioritize effectively. Able to manage time effectively.
- Able to work independently and proactively, self-starter.
- Valid driver's license required.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge