Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about “good“ and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
The Warehouse Selector is responsible for accurate and efficient selection of product in our warehouse. The Warehouse Selector is also responsible for the proper preparation of shipments to our customers from the warehouse.
Mon-Thur 1pm, Fri at 11am
$15.50 per hour plus +1 for Freezer enviroment
as part of the application process you will receive a 3rd party email to take an Assessment that is associated with this position. It will only take 10 minutes. This is an integral part of the interview process - please complete before the interview
Want to see a day in the life of a KeHE Order Selector? Check out this video:
- Pick up proper selecting documents prior to order selection process.
- Select and separate warehouse product by account and stop number as designated by the computer-generated label.
- Match product description with label description.
- Build pallet within the warehouse according to customer guidelines.
- Maintain production standards, while minimizing errors.
- Transport, via stand-up electric pallet jack, the completed orders to appropriate staging area in the warehouse.
- Return completed selecting documents to proper collection site per specifications of the Shipping Department in the warehouse.
- Other warehouse duties and special projects as requested.
- Must maintain good attendance.
- Maintain safe work practices in the warehouse.
- Maintain safeguards of confidential warehouse company information.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- A minimum of one (1) year of previous experience in a distribution center or warehouse atmosphere preferred.
- Previous experience operating powered warehouse industrial equipment (i.e., forklift, pallet jacks, stock pickers, etc.) preferred.
- Must have the ability to communicate well with internal customers and management.
- Must have the ability to follow safe warehouse working practices, as instructed
- Must have the ability to efficiently work independent of direct supervision within the warehouse.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential warehouse functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to carry, lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The associate is required to sit. The associate is frequently required to stand, walk, and climb in the warehouse. While performing the duties of this position, the associate is subject to a warehouse environment where temperatures can vary from very cool to very warm. The associate is also exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise levels in the warehouse work environment are typically low to moderate.