Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
Physicians, are you looking for an opportunity to take the next step in your career working with one of the region’s most respected health care organizations? Join us at Chestnut Family Health Center, a division of Chestnut Health Systems. We are a private, not-for-profit charitable organization offering comprehensive scope of integrated health care that is focused on delivery of patient centered, whole person care including primary care and behavioral care.
Due to our growing client population Chestnut Family Health Center is seeking physicians, who would be interested in a contract employment opportunity 20-25 hours per week (no rounding or call rotation required), to join our multidisciplinary team of prescribers and support staff in Bloomington, Illinois.
This is an exciting opportunity for physicians interested in providing quality services to an underprivileged community while working collaboratively the other members of Chestnut Health Systems to provide an integrated approach to care. Bring your enthusiasm and compassion to help others and we will provide you with a nurturing caring environment in which to work. Contact us today; we definitely want to hear from you! No weekends or evenings required!
- Provide high quality, patient centered outpatient primary care to infant through geriatric patients.
- Provide direct medical prescriber services in accordance with the state of Illinois and agency policies and procedures.
- Set an example for and reinforcing evidence-based practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a physician license in the state of Illinois.
- Requires a Drug Enforcement Agency certification.
- Board Certified/Board eligible physician in Family Practice is preferred.
- Ability to speak Spanish is beneficial.
- Solid understanding of comprehensive health services.
- Willingness to adhere to stated program and documentation protocols.
- Ability to provide health coaching and health education to at risk or high risk patients with chronic conditions.
- Willingness to work with underprivileged populations.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
For immediate consideration, please see us atwww.chestnut.org/employment
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled