ABOUT ALLIANCE COLLEGE-READY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools is the largest nonprofit charter organization in Los Angeles, serving 12,500 low-income families across 28 open enrollment public charter high schools and middle schools. Alliance schools significantly outperform traditional public schools across almost every measure; for example, 95% of Alliance students graduate high school in four years and 95% of Alliance graduates have been accepted to college. We are committed to hiring the most dedicated, qualified, and talented teachers, school leaders, and staff to join our team and serve our students.
Under supervision of the Principal and/or school Athletic Director, coach students in a specific sport during the established season.
- Coach and instruct students in a sport, instruct students in the proper use of equipment and rules of the specific sport
- Supervise students in the locker room, during practices, during athletic competitions and on buses to and from athletic competitions
- Maintain proper inventory and care of equipment and facilities
- Assess student performance and make coaching decisions without regard to outside teen/youth affiliations. (For coaches who coach both at a school and for a private or community club/team)
Generally, any combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge and skills for successful performance would be qualifying. A typical method of demonstrating these requirements would be:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and ability to prevent injuries
- Ability to teach and motivate middle school aged students
- Skills of the sport
- Strategies and concepts in the sport
- Rules of the sport
- Policies of the school district that apply to athletics and student behavior
- Exhibit positive leadership skills, good sportsmanship and personal and professional integrity
- Maintain good communication with the, school administrators, other staff and parents
- Demonstrate good rapport with the coaches and staff of other schools and athletic officials
- Organize, plan, and execute practices and game schedules in a timely manner
- Experience in teaching and coaching the sport
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools prides itself in offering its employees a competitive salary and excellent group benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage for the employee and her/his eligible dependents. Retirement benefits are also offered and include an employer match/contribution.
Pay range for this position is: $10.80 - $12.96
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools are free public charter schools which do not discriminate against any student, parent, community member, or employee on the basis of actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.