Partnership Accounting Lead Analyst
Position is primarily responsible for supporting accounting operations and production cycles related to the Company's Partnership investment portfolios (Real Estate JVs, Real Estate funds, Securities, foreign and domestic), including US GAAP, statutory and management reporting. Candidate will work closely with matrix partners in Accounting, Treasury, Portfolio Management, Asset Management, and external service providers. Position will also support other investment accounting processes, system maintenance and enterprise projects. Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with accounting concentration and at least three years of related experience.
- Complete required deliverables in support of monthly, quarterly, and annual close cycles for Partnership investment activity.
- Complete required monthly operations, reconciliations, supporting schedules and accounting functions to support cash movements, partnership transactions, and data integrity for seamless monthly close cycle.
- Assist in supporting originators on new deals by preparing and updating relevant accounting schedules; ensure investment set-up reflects committed property attributes and portfolio allocations. Work with business administrators, Legal and Treasury to ensure proper disbursements are completed and recorded in a timely manner.
- Assist in supporting asset managers on investment modifications and dispositions by calculating transaction entries, including gain/loss impact. Work with business administrators, Legal and Treasury to confirm and allocate any transaction proceeds.
- Ensure that all cash transactions and accrual entries associated with maintaining the real estate and partnership investments are properly recorded in the sub-ledger in accordance with established deadlines by reviewing the work of external servicers. Guide as needed.
- Provide support to broader investment accounting team as needed to minimize resource constraints.
- Support Sarbanes Oxley testing of controls across the investment accounting organization.
- Support PwC annual audit, including walk-throughs, controls, and external confirmations.
- Develop and maintain analytic tools to monitor results and trends to facilitate an efficient and controlled reporting and accounting environment.
- Participate in special projects, including those related to data integrity, industry guidelines and practices and rating agency requests.
- Bachelors degree with Accounting concentration
- Three or more years of Accounting/Finance experience
- Experience with general ledger systems (Oracle preferred, Yardi a plus)
- Investment/real estate accounting experience is desirable
- Public accounting experience is desirable
- Strong computer skills (Word, Advanced Excel, Access)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills to interpret and evaluate financial results
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with tight deadlines
- Flexibility to work during off-peak hours during peak reporting periods
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Motivated, proactive self-starter who takes ownership and is results oriented
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.