Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB's Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB is seeking a Hub Financial Analyst for its Jefferson City, MO location. This role is responsible for Investigating, analyzing and preparing financial and business information in support of various functional groups. Compile information and prepare reports, graphs and charts. Analyze trends affecting various financial activities. Recommend and implement measures to improve operations and services to customers.
- Audit and analyze a variety of financial information used in the preparation of budgets, forecasts, business plans, prices, costs of products and services, and submit results.
- Conduct special studies and work with other departments on such matters as preparation of reports, development of procedures and controls, and processing of expenses. Review data and obtain additional information, as appropriate.
- Prepare, install and maintain controls for a principal financial or other functional area. Recommend improvements to contain costs, increase oversight capability and be responsive to customer requirements.
- Work with suppliers, auditors, consultants, agency representatives and employees to explain practices, respond to questions, and resolve or assist in resolving discrepancies.
- Interact daily with manufacturing sites.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and up to 2 years of experience in a finance related role
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the United States.
- Experience in Big 4 accounting firm preferred
- Experience with MS Excel is preferred
- Ability to pull data from different applications for financial reporting preferred
- Ability to travel up to 30% preferred
- Strong desire to learn and a thirst for knowledge is essential