Magnolia - Microprocessor Technician (Blacksburg, SC, US)
Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Milliken & Company is a global, innovative, industrial diversified manufacturing company that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to enhance people’s lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and performance materials, the company works around the world every day to add true value to people’s lives, improve health and safety, and help make our world more sustainable. Milliken has long led the way for “knowledge-based“ investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents – and more than 5,000 patents worldwide. Milliken is widely acknowledged as an international leader in research technology, innovation, and customer service. With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K., Belgium, France, China, India, Mexico, and Australia, and other sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, Milliken's more than 7,000 associates work to deliver innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and build for the future.
A Microprocessor Technician will report to the Engineering Service Manager and will assist in directing and controlling processes in accordance with defined policies and procedures. The Microprocessor Technician will provide expedient service to all equipment assigned in such a way as to insure maximum efficiency and quality performance involved in the processing the products and to do so with maximum safety, minimum cost and high quality of workmanship .
- 2 Year Associate Degree in related field or equivalent training.
- Must have awareness of PC hardware components, desktop operation system software and application software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access).
- Should possess excellent analytical skills and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve opportunities.
- Able to interact effectively with management, staff, vendors, customers, and work independently, and/or as part of a team.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and be capable of using motorized equipment (fork trucks, tuggers, etc.).
- Must be self-driven.
- AC/DC Fundamentals
- Microprocessor based system fundamentals
- Assist other engineering associates to perform work as required to keep production machinery and auxiliary equipment in working order.
- Fix Breakdowns
- Complete work that is required on department work list.
- Work on D.C. / A.C. drives, motors, breakers and other equipment switches.
- PLC’s, Hydraulics, pumps, and valves
- Work on conduit and flex for corrosion, loose straps or broken parts
- Work on exhaust fan, motors, worn brushes, and junction boxes
- Read electrical drawings and work on electrical components on machinery.
- Distributed Control System Repair and Maintenance.
- Machine Vision Systems Technology
Comments: 1st Shift
Pay: $29.75 Top Rate
Milliken & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.