Who We Are
Dyno Nobel is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide innovative blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America, Australia and selected customers in the Asia Pacific.
Join us in everything that's great about Dyno Nobel: OUR culture, OUR values, OUR commitment to safety and most importantly our PEOPLE. This combination makes Dyno Nobel a terrific place to work.
Dyno Nobel is a subsidiary of Australian based Incitec Pivot Limited. IPL's 4500 employees also manufacture and market industrial chemicals and fertilizer products & services to customers around the world.
What You'll Do
Reporting to the Finance Manager – Retail Sales & Ops and with a dotted line to the Iron Range General Manager, you will be the expert in driving the regional strategy through financial and business leadership. Other duties will include:
- Manage and review business cases, strategy papers, and supporting financial models to deliver the following key outcomes:
- Alignment to DNA 4 priorities and strategies
- Customer bid and tender requirements
- Scenario planning and alternatives evaluated
- Policy compliance for growth and sustenance CAPEX: ensuring IRR, NPV & Payback thresholds are achieved
- An ongoing retrospective review of actuals vs business case to ensure achievement of desired results
- Financial support of the Iron Range Business Region
- Partner closely with business owners throughout the company to build collaborative working relationships and influence them to superior results through data-driven insights
- Management of the Regional Finance and Customer Service Teams
- Oversee the forecasting/reporting/budgeting on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Ensure adherence to company Policies and Procedures regarding controls, asset management, and cash management among others.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting. Master's preferred. Additional directly related work experience may be substituted for some of the educational requirements.
- Requires a minimum of 7 - 10 years of working experience with progressively increasing professional responsibility.
- Explosives, Mining or Construction Industry experience helpful but not required.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- People management skills, including leadership, performance management, and coaching, is preferred.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), SAP, and Salesforce
- Ability to travel up to 30%, primarily regional.
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and a team player.
What We Offer:
- Vacation time
• 10 paid holidays
• a couple of PTO days
- Full health benefits including employer HSA contributions
• dental plan with an orthodontic option, wellness coaching available
- Up to a 4% 401k match PLUS additional company contribution from 1% to 5% based on years of service
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Friendly and supportive coworkers
Zero Harm for Everyone Everywhere
Value People – Respect, Recognize & Reward
Think Customer. Everyone. Every day
Treat the Business as our Own
Care for the Community & our Environment
Challenge & Improve the Status Quo
Deliver on our Promises
Women are encouraged to apply. Dyno Nobel is an equal employment opportunity employer and will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.