Since 1885, CHI St. Alexius Health has been dedicated to leading health care in this region by enriching the lives of patients through the highest quality of care. We seek to continue our tradition of success and innovation with individuals dedicated to delivering the highest level of expertise and quality. Together we can continue to grow and support the legacy of CHI St. Alexius Health for many years to come.
CHI St. Alexius Health is a regional health network with a tertiary hospital in Bismarck, the system also consists of critical access hospitals (CAHs) in Carrington, Dickinson, Devils Lake, Garrison, Turtle Lake, Washburn and Williston and numerous clinics and outpatient services. CHI St. Alexius Health manages four CAHs in North Dakota - Elgin, Linton, and Wishek, as well as Mobridge Regional Medical Center in Mobridge, S.D. CHI St. Alexius Health offers a comprehensive line of inpatient and outpatient medical services, including: a Level II Trauma Center, primary and specialty physician clinics, home health and hospice services, durable medical equipment services, a fitness and human performance center and ancillary services throughout western and central North Dakota.
CHI St. Alexius Health is part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care.
The Senior Accountant participates in the preparation of the organization's financial statements, financial related reports, and Balance Sheet reconciliations. Responsible for maintaining and coordinating all invoice billing to clients. Serves a Finance liaison to Directors while assisting them with questions regarding their departmental statements and budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compiles data for CHI corporate to prepare and file the organization's 990, 990T, 1120, and ND-40 tax returns.
- Works to help complete financial statements for the Medical Center departments, including but not limited to the physician enterprise.
- Prepares annual property tax.
- Assists in the preparation of the organization'sand assigned affiliate budgets.
- Completes the accounting for the Foundation.
- Manages and operates the non-patient, client billing system, “Sundry“
- Is responsible for balancing Hospital AR, Great Plains, Visionex, Sundry, Other AP, Professional Fees, Payroll Taxes, and Foundation Net Assets
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
Licensure: Valid driver's license.
Experience: Five or more years of related job experience preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: Good communication skills are necessary because of the communication, both oral and written, with Medical Center staff, auditors, vendors, and consultants.