District Sales Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead a group of TMs to achieve Division sales, penetration and churn reduction objectives; research, develop and maintain long and short range sales plans, while coaching and developing TMs in creating effective action planning to achieve AOP and Company goals.
- Direct TMs toward high quality leads and assist TMs in warming leads and closing, working with TMs to open new accounts and reduce churn and highlighting need for New Business Manager to support TMs in opening high potential accounts.
- Submit and administer annual street sales operating plan and operating budget, reviewing and approving street sales-related expenses, credits, donations, and contracts, and tracking performance against plan, identifying gap closures.
- Leverage Sales Coordinator role to reduce time on administrative tasks, resolving TM and customer issues; assist in leveraging Restaurant Operations Consultant, Menu Analyst, Culinary Specialists, Customers Solutions Coordinator, Sr. Sales Analyst, and New Business Manager to grow account penetration and new accounts.
- Assist in coordinating product cuttings and demonstrations; develop sales and marketing strategies and proposals for customers on products and services, conducting market research to determine customer needs and provide information to sales staff.
- Communicate sales data to contribute to product/service planning; assist in planning district sales meetings and events with Marketing and Merchandising personnel.
- Understand and utilize the Sales Foundations tools and processes to grow sales, generate additional revenue, and maintain customer service standard.
- Coach, train and direct TMs to top account penetration and “quality” lead acquisition opportunities, creating effective action plans to achieve AOP and compensation goals, and ensuring accountability of TMs with regards to account development and goal attainment.
- Recruit, train and mentor new hires as well as existing TMs, conducting field support/work-with sessions to observe coaching needs and support needs for TM development, and evaluate needs and recommend training as needed.
- Oversee, manage, and assess TM performance to plan regularly, instituting performance improvement or disciplinary measures as needed. Assist TMs with organizational skills, account strategies, and territory planning.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and product developments that affect target markets, establishing and maintaining industry contacts that lead to prospective sales; evaluate product mix in terms of meeting customers’ needs.
- Research and develop lists of potential customers, making targeted sales calls to develop relationships and follow up on leads along with sales staff. Conduct periodic Customer Business Reviews to identify customer needs as well as relationship gaps.
- Assist in customer/delivery alignment and driver engagement.
- Oversee the communication and execution of Company policies within the confines of the sales department.
- Ensure that the sales organization is appropriately staffed and managed to minimize turnover.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Sales & Marketing or related field or equivalent experience required.
- A minimum of five years of foodservice sales experience required. A minimum of two years of supervisory experience required.
- Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills required. Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as customer service and presentation abilities. Must have proficient computer skills, preferably in Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).