At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Construction Manager, we'll count on you to:
- Plan, schedule and coordinate construction procurements, and supervise field construction activities involving general construction and/or trade subcontractors
- Take responsibility for budget, schedule, quality and safety throughout such activities, utilizing company resources for guidance and support
- Maintain accurate daily record of construction site activity and produce required reports on progress, safety, quality, schedule and budget status
- Coordinate with other project team groups such as design, procurement and accounting
- Work on small projects, or as support to more-senior staff on larger, more complex projects
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction, Construction Science or closely related field
- 5 years of experience in various aspects of construction planning and management, including but not limited to estimating, bidding, preparing and administering purchase orders and subcontracts, scheduling, cost control, etc
- Experience with construction management software packages and Microsoft Office, Prolog, Primavera, etc
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Construction or design certifications
- Ability to interpret construction schedules
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.