ENERGY FOR WHAT'S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Transmission and Distribution
Southern California Edison's (SCE's) Transmission and Distribution Organizational Unit (T & D) is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing, operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities throughout the 50,000-square-mile territory. T&D is the steward of roughly $19 billion in assets that safely and reliably deliver electricity to 15 million residents via SCE's 5 million customer accounts.
This position is a Field Supervisor within Southern California Edison's (SCE) Distribution organization unit. The successful candidate will supervise a team of construction/maintenance line crews and a Production Specialist focusing on construction activities. This position will run operation crews, troubleman and streetlight repairman. This person will be an inspirational leader taking ownership in the safety of crew members. This person will inspire crews to work safely and effectively, provide direction to crews on the execution of work order plans, and strategically structure work activities within their work unit to optimize safety, productivity, and cost efficiency. This position will report directly to the Operations Supervisor.
- Supervises approximately 12 employees, including linemen, foremen, troubleman, and streetlight repairman, to ensure that all work is executed and completed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provides leadership and mentoring to crews, including building effective working relationships, identifying training, and delivering coaching and feedback.
- Creates a safety culture that raises safety awareness and promotes candid dialogue about safety issues.
- Maintains a safe work environment by ensuring adherence to all safety policies, correcting unsafe working conditions, training employees on safe work practices and procedures and rewarding good safety practices.
- Conducts frequent crew visits and field observations to ensure crews have the appropriate tools and resources to perform the work, monitor progress and ensure work is completed to regulatory and SCE standards.
- Ensures employees understand and adhere to all regulatory requirements, optimizing costs efficiency of the crews through managing of overtime and crew size, accurate tailboarding, reviewing daily time sheets and records and resolving employee disputes.
- Provides interpretation and represent the Company on labor issues/disputes as they relate to the department.
- Reviews daily work schedules and readjust priorities in response to urgent repair orders or other critical events.
- Interacts with customers, city officials and other external agencies to complete work on schedule.
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Two or more years of experience as a journeyman lineman.
- Supervisory and/or team leadership experience.
- Possess and be able to maintain a valid driver's license.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Previous experience as a crew foreman, troubleman or PSPEC.
- Typically possess five or more years of combined experience performing and/or supervising activities related to the design, construction and maintenance, and/or scheduling activities associated with the electric distribution system.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams or bargaining unit personnel including, applying the IBEW collective bargaining agreement.
- Experience overseeing or executing medium to large construction projects with underground and overhead construction, maintenance and operation of the electrical distribution system and associated regulatory requirement, including environmental regulations, safety policies and procedures, and hazardous waste management.
- Experience reviewing work and leading the execution of work to ensure on schedule completion.
- Ability to plan and prioritize projects, including managing multiple simultaneous projects and identifying/ allocating resources to ensure project timelines are met.
- Experience applying GO 95, GO 128, GO168 and Accident Prevention Manual rules.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead others by building strong working relationships with employees, adapting leadership style to a variety of employees, identifying developmental needs and delivering coaching and mentoring.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with internal departments, customers and union personnel.
- Applicants who are identified to continue in the selection process will be invited to test via email and are encouraged to review any tests required in this job posting - Link to Information Guides
- Please reference Leadership Profile Assessment (Test 8201) and Distribution Field Supervisor Leadership Assessment (Test 8600). Candidates who have previously passed these assessments may not need to retest again for this position.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- This position will travel about 80% of the time throughout SCE's service territory. A company vehicle will be provided during work travels.
- This position requires incident-response and communication beyond normal work hours and standard work day schedules.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.