At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Curious what we do?
Here's a quick video to give you an idea of the day to day life of a Technician.
You DO NOT have to have surgical device repair experience to be considered for this position
Individuals with experience working in HVAC repair, general/residential maintenance and installation, jewelry or watch repair, automotive, plumbing, or electrical repair, etc often have transferable skills into this position.
The primary role of the Repair Technician is to perform repairs on surgical devices and medical instruments. Technicians will be trained to become familiar with various types of surgical devices and instruments and understand how to best maintain and repair them. No experience needed. Job Training will be provided.
- Services, restores and repairs surgical devices or equipment, and can identify problems within the job role, and uses standardized testing procedures; examines and tests mechanisms for defects.
- Replaces or repairs defective parts.
- Reassembles surgical devices or equipment and tests assembly for conformance to specifications.
- Abides by all Company safety and health policies and procedures. Uses personal protective equipment if required.
- Demonstrates basic awareness and knowledge of ordering parts and its requisition system.
- Aware of and conforms to Company ISO goals and objectives and supports ISO requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED
One year of work experience.
1-2 years experience working as a Device Repair Technician.
- Good eye to hand coordination.
- Ability to assemble small parts.
- Great attention to detail.
- Displays Positive Attitude and Confidence.
- Ability to understand repair concepts and follow sequencing or repairs.
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business hours.