About Command Alkon
Command Alkon is bringing innovative technologies and systems to the concrete, asphalt and building materials industry globally. Our technology helps our customers improve the efficiency and quality of the foundation of where we live, work and play. What we do best is combine next-gen technologies with over 40 years of industry expertise. We are not a “here today; gone tomorrow” software company, we will be here for a long time and a good foundation for your career…. like concrete.
Command Alkon is looking for an experienced C# Software Engineer to join our team in Birmingham, AL. In this role, you’ll primarily be developing and shipping new features, enhancements, and fixes within a C# WPF application that is the lifeblood of our customers’ operations. As such, you’re an individual who has experience with and thrives on facing the challenges of high performance and scalability. You’ll work collaboratively with other Software Engineers, Quality Analyst, Scrum Masters, and Product Managers/Owners from across the organization to drive implementation and release, as well as be a champion of best practices for writing well-tested, well-organized code.
You will join a team of highly skilled, senior-level Engineers who – including you – is striving to constantly learn and expand their knowledge of applications, systems, and industry. We’re a team that supports each other, helps each other grow, but also challenges each other. We work in a fast-paced Agile environment. We believe in process; however, we support “Individuals and Interactions over Processes and Tools”. You’ll be part of a team and environment where management not only supports but encourages autonomy. We are passionate about a lot of things – sound engineering/architecture, well-tested and well-organized code, automation, and A+ customer experiences, to name a few. We also take great pride in – celebrating your personal and professional accomplishments, free coffee, sodas, & snacks, casual dress code, flexible schedules, regular employee surveys, quarterly innovation sprints, and frequent team building/social events.
Tech and Tools
What You'll Do
- Application development – Design, develop, implement, and document
- Create/Write – system design, develop, and test (unit, integration, etc.) code in accordance with development team standards
- Project - Define, Plan, and Estimate tasks required to complete assigned system functionality captured through user stories
- Technical documentation - Acceptance Criteria, Story Tasking, etc.
- Engage with business & technology stakeholders in idealization & solution creation
- Leader in automated unit, API and functional testing; Work with key business stakeholders to understand business needs and identify new solutions to key business needs
- Troubleshoot and debug technical issues in a variety of application environments
- Identify any technical risk or gaps within the system and recommend alternate mitigation approaches; Openly share ideas on new approaches with the team and mentor other team members
- Learn constantly and keep up with technological changes, best practices, newer frameworks, and patterns related to all technologies
- Technical leadership and best practice guidance across all platforms; Partner with other Engineering teams to advance the technical requirements of the system; Build and maintain strong working relationships with key Engineering teams
- Believe in competencies like Commitment, Ownership, Drive, Communication, Quality, etc.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience designing, developing, testing and implementing high-performance, scalable systems
- Proficient in:
- SQL Server
- RESTful APIs
- You have at least 2 years of experience working with Agile methodologies (SAFe a plus)
- Proven ability to influence and lead software delivery efforts
Within 1 Month, You'll
- Complete company-wide on-boarding program; Understand the core business and the underlying industry; Complete product-specific basic courses; Be comfortable with the Team(s) and the working environment (builds, tests, development setup, process, etc.); Shadow others; Tackle a couple of real Jira tasks
Why work for Command Alkon?
Command Alkon, voted one of Birmingham’s Best Places to Work in 2016, 2017 and 2018, is the global leader for over 40 years in integrated technology solutions for the concrete and heavy building materials industry because of the committed relationship we have with our employees and our customers. Headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, Command Alkon has over 600 employees worldwide with offices in Kansas, Ohio, Illinois, Utah, Malaysia, Brazil, Canada, England, France, India and the Netherlands.
For more information about us and our products, visit http://www.commandalkon.com.
Command Alkon strives to be an employer of choice, offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Casual dress code
- Generous family medical and dental insurance plans
- Company-paid life insurance, short term disability and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) Matching Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Free soft drinks and hot beverages
Find out more at http://www.commandalkon.com/careers/
Command Alkon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.