Interested in working with talented people to help develop innovative solutions to some of society's most complex and challenging problems? We are Guidehouse, a leading consulting firm serving the public sector and commercial clients with specialized capabilities in strategy, technology, and risk management. You may not yet know our name, but we have a rich history. Guidehouse is a combination of PwC's former public sector practice and Navigant's deep expertise in energy, financial services and healthcare.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards individuals based on impact, not tenure. Our firm is at the forefront of an emerging model solving complex problems that stretch across government and private companies, affording our people the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of the consulting profession. By focusing on markets facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation, and significant regulatory pressure, our employees also develop and deploy world class knowledge and problem solving that leads to breakthrough solutions.
Our healthcare segment is comprised of consultants, former provider administrators, clinicians, and other experts with decades of strategy, operational/clinical consulting, managed care services, digital health, revenue cycle management, and outsourcing experience. Professionals collaborate with hospitals and health systems, physician enterprises, payers, government, and life sciences entities, providing performance improvement and business process management solutions that help them meet quality and financial goals. You will make an immediate impact from day one, working with a team to provide end-to-end solutions. We don't simply put band-aids on our client's issues, we are working side-by-side with them. Are up for the challenge?
Business Process Management unites the strengths of four category-leading companies to address the complexities of today's healthcare system. We design, develop and implement integrated, patient-centered solutions for sustained improvements in performance and profitability, working collaboratively across a spectrum of customers that encompasses hospitals, health systems, physician practice groups and payers.
Plans, manages and oversees the activities and operations related to multiple functional areas; including Claims Manager, Charge Corrections, Reimbursement Review, Clinical Trial Billing, HBOC coding/billing and other coding/billing functions within Coding/Compliance as assigned. Develops and monitors goals and objectives for established area(s) of responsibility. Develops and updates staffing models to ensure appropriate staffing levels are in place. Participate in the development and enforcement of policies and procedures; and sets workflow priorities and standards. Monitors work activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures; and performs all other duties as assigned.
- Displays effective communication skills.
- Participates openly and professionally in relevant discussions.
- Recognizes and uses appropriate method of communication.
- Articulate - Expresses thoughts clearly and effectively.
- Actively listens to employees at all levels within the organization.
- Holds regular team meetings in order to disseminate meaningful information and to obtain staff input. Calls special meetings when circumstances warrant. Takes minutes including a record of those in attendance and distributes to entire team.
- Provide praise and constructive criticism on a regular basis and in an appropriate setting.
- Responds to situation proactively and reactively.
- Communicates appropriately with members of all levels in the organization – upward, downward and sideways.
- Make sure all written communications present a professional image.
- Communicates in a professional manner regardless of the situation.
- Grammar/proofing – possesses the ability to review written communications prepared by subordinates for not only content, but for grammatical and typographical errors as well.
- Organizes and plans well.
- Multi-task - coordinates multiple projects/responsibilities.
- Manages assigned projects.
- Adheres to deadlines.
- Prioritizes - able to handle issues/tasks in order of importance.
- Successfully obtains goals.
- Monitors employee area progress to ensure performance goals are met and that QA and productivity standards set are at appropriate levels.
- Follows up on issues to ensure they are being addressed and are ultimately completed.
- Possess the ability to see total scope of work, not just the functions assigned to them to manage (able to view big picture).
- Knows policies and procedures and consistently follows them.
- Knows how to assume responsibilities and guides others to complete job tasks.
- Understands all facets and implications of the job.
- Demonstrates the capacity to lead.
- Maintains all certifications (e.g. CPC) if applicable to position.
- Is accountable and holds others accountable.
- Completes job tasks in a timely manner.
- Presents potential solutions rather than just identifying problems.
- Maintains both personal and team level productivity and quality assurance at or above benchmarks.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Exhibits ethics, honesty and integrity.
- Conscientiously fulfills all job requirements.
- Demonstrates confidence.
- Maintains composure.
- Exercises good judgment and self-control.
- Supervises in a firm, fair and consistent manner
- Coaches and develops staff.
- Lead by example.
- Delegates appropriately.
- Common sense/judgment – Makes sensible decisions using good judgment in all situations.
- Visible and approachable.
- Maintain composure, even under the most difficult of circumstances.
- Conscientious – Shows appreciation for contributions and achievements of others.
- Cooperatively accepts and effectively enforces policies, rules and regulations. Respects decisions made by upper management.
- Addresses and responds to issues promptly.
- Can be trusted and is discreet with sensitive information. This applies to information from your direct reports or your leader.
- Maintains a neat, professional appearance at all times.
- Flexible and adaptable – Is open-minded and works toward change when change is necessary, and is able to produce consistent results when changes are made.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Previous managerial experience and five (5) years medical coding/billing experience.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Extensive IDX, Showcase and Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work
- Regularly uses close visual acuity and operates computer equipment to prepare and analyze and transmit data
- Generally works in an office environment
- This position requires successful completion of a background check and employment verification.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
With a unique blend of large firm resources and an entrepreneurial collaborative culture, Guidehouse is where your purpose, passion, and expertise transform organizations. Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges with a focus on markets and clients facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation and significant regulatory pressure. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and technology/analytics services, we help clients create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare them for future growth and success. Headquartered in Washington DC, the company has more than 7,000 professionals in more than 50 locations. If you're passionately motivated to make a difference and deliver exceptional work, we invite you to learn more about your career opportunities at www.guidehouse.com