Recruiting and Licensing Specialist
Be a game changer.
Be a Recruiting and Licensing Specialist.
In 1891, long before the child welfare system existed, a group of courageous women recognized the need to care for homeless children on the streets of Birmingham. Instead of looking the other way, they founded the city's original orphanage. One hundred and twenty-seven years later, Gateway has the longest track record of experience and positive outcomes caring for Alabama's foster children.
Throughout our history, Gateway has developed and implemented innovative services to meet the needs of Alabama foster youth. With our strong network of foster parents and partnership with the Alabama Department of Human Resources, Gateway provides different levels of care for children from the hardest backgrounds of trauma. The result is transformational, with kids growing into strong, connected and contributing young adults.
Below is a brief summary of an amazing opportunity to become a part of our team as Gateway’s Recruiting and Licensing Specialist:
Purpose and Mission:
Gateway is looking for a fierce advocate for children and families who is focused on recruiting, training and licensing the best foster parents because Alabama’s foster youth deserve nothing less. This exemplary professional thoroughly enjoys public speaking, attending networking and community events, and leading adult learning activities. The ideal candidate can meet with prospective foster parents in the morning, represent Gateway to a team of business professionals in the afternoon, lead a foster parent training class in the evening and complete the required documentation by the next day.
As the state’s leader in therapeutic foster care, Gateway foster parents build Alabama children into strong, capable and contributing adults. They are game changers, leaders, role models and champions who never give up, because the children we serve deserve nothing less. The Recruiting and Licensing Specialist maintains Gateway’s pool of outstanding foster parents who are licensed, trained and eligible to accept therapeutic foster care placements.
- Develop creative and effective foster parent recruitment plans for Jefferson, Shelby and surrounding counties
- Lead foster parent learning events, to include (but not limited to) TIPs, Deciding Together, CPR and First Aid, RPPS, The Mandt System and others
- Assist with licensing activities to include writing reports, reviewing training files and conducting home visits
- Recruit clients for, promote, and cross-sell Gateway services, including but not limited to Gateway Financial Freedom, Family Counseling and The Mandt System
- Organize and facilitate community partnerships for purposes of foster parent recruitment and cross-selling Gateway services
- Lead learning events for staff, to include (but not limited to) CPR and First Aid, RPPS, The Mandt System, and others
- Assist with foster parent and staff learning event documentation and record keeping
Position Specific Competencies:
- Models Gateway values. Leads by example. Works well with diverse team and varied products and services. Represents agency well in the community. Proven track record of recruiting and training. Quality focused. Service oriented. Customer centered. Excellent communicator.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Professional licensure in social work or professional counseling a plus
- Foster care experience strongly preferred
- Ability to become a certified trainer in TIPs, CPR/First Aid, and The Mandt System
- Excellent public speaking, writing and computer skills
- Must be able to work a schedule to include evenings and weekends
- Position requires classroom teaching for extended periods of time
- Position has moderate to heavy physical demands including lifting and carrying 25 lbs. Incumbent must have strength and stamina to meet physical, mental and emotional demands and stressors.
*Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a job description