Requisition Number: PAYRO02484
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for processing the salary and hourly payroll, payments for payroll deductions and taxes, generating and distributing payroll reports, payroll inquiries and various payroll reconciliations. The ability to maintain confidentiality especially when dealing with employee records is a requirement for this position. The Payroll Administrator must demonstrate initiative, commitment to team work, and pay close attention to details and be dependable.
Essential Job Functions
- Process the semi-monthly salary payroll
- Process the bi-weekly hourly payroll
- Process payroll changes as employee transfers between salary/hourly payrolls
- Create and send files for filing of payroll taxes and tax deposits
- Create and upload files for all payroll deductions and payments
- Process payroll reports and check requests for the 401k and profit sharing plan, credit union, medical reimbursement and dependent care
- Reconcile payroll hours within payroll and AX time reports
- Generate and distribute payroll reports to management
- Handle all payroll inquiries including wage statements, court orders, and unemployment reports
- Reconcile gross earnings and taxes with quarterly and annual payroll reports including W-2s
- Assist Payroll Accountant as necessary with Tool Account payments
- Assist with “End of Year” Profit Sharing reporting
- Manage Workers’ Compensation audits
- Assists with Warren Averett audits (payroll)
- Complete Salary Surveys (CAT dealership)
- BLS reporting monthly and quarterly
- Finalize hourly performance reviews and make pay adjustments, including any retroactive pay adjustments and updating AX with any pay rate changes.
- Update and maintain employee allocations in Ultipro and in SharePoint
- Tracking/reporting payroll deductions to employees on a leave of absence.
- Special projects as assigned
Work is normally performed in a company office environment. Some work must be performed in the warehouse or shop environment with limited exposure to physical risk. No or very limited physical effort is required for this position.