About Command Alkon
Command Alkon is bringing innovative technologies and systems to the concrete, asphalt and building materials industry globally. Our technology helps our customers improve the efficiency and quality of the foundation of where we live, work and play. What we do best is combine next-gen technologies with over 40 years of industry expertise. We are not a “here today; gone tomorrow” software company, we will be here for a long time and a good foundation for your career…. like concrete.
Command Alkon is seeking a Manager, Business Development to oversee a team of 6+ Business Development Reps (BDRs) who are focused on generating sales leads, scheduling appointments and assisting with the on-going qualification of opportunities for our Regional and National Sales Managers in North America. This is a new position and provides the opportunity to build a high-performing team from the ground floor. As an important member of Command Alkon’s Sales leadership team, you will be responsible for ensuring that the Business Development Team supports the Sales Team and exceed sales objectives.
What You'll Do
- Train and coach BDRs for top performance; monitor activity levels to drive positive outcomes.
- Utilize Microsoft Dynamics 365 data as well as other sources to monitor BDR activities and pipeline and use this data to provide prescriptive recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure leads meet quality standards and that leads are properly vetted by BDRs before scheduling for demos/appointments.
- Facilitate product training sessions to increase the knowledge of the BDR team as needed.
- Continuously educate yourself on the latest digital trends driving change and process improvement in the Construction industry – particularly the Heavy Building Materials sector.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We're Looking For
- Proven experience recruiting, hiring and managing an inside sales or lead generation team, preferably in the SaaS industry.
- Extensive cold calling, prospecting, and pipeline management experience is required.
- Must be able to pull reports, understand sales dashboards, and analyze sales data to make prescriptive recommendations for improvement.
- Proven ability to hit personal sales targets in past sales positions and can successfully coach others to hit sales targets.
- Bachelor's degree in business related field strongly preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics and/or other CRM tools.
- BONUS: Experience selling software solutions in the Construction industry
- 2+ years successful sales experience
- 5+ years of effective leadership experience
Why work for Command Alkon?
Command Alkon, voted one of Birmingham’s Best Places to Work in 2016, 2017 and 2018, is the global leader for over 40 years in integrated technology solutions for the concrete and heavy building materials industry because of the committed relationship we have with our employees and our customers. Headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, Command Alkon has over 600 employees worldwide with offices in Kansas, Ohio, Illinois, Utah, Malaysia, Brazil, Canada, England, France, India and the Netherlands.
For more information about us and our products, visit http://www.commandalkon.com.
Command Alkon strives to be an employer of choice, offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Casual dress code
- Generous family medical and dental insurance plans
- Company-paid life insurance, short term disability and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) Matching Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Free soft drinks and hot beverages
Find out more at http://www.commandalkon.com/careers/
Command Alkon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.